First trip to Robinsons! (Was also my bday!)

Roxy's Mum

Jul 21, 2009
Dorset
As it was my birthday yesterday (not noticed by any NRs! :cry:) I persuaded OH to drive me to Robinsons Megastore in Basingstoke - ooh-er, was it loverly!

I didn't go too mad & spend all my bday money, got a strong stand on-able grooming box for my bits & bobs, a fly mask for a bridle, a wind up radio for the stable in winter and few other bits. Very pleased with my purchases! :biggrin:

I got the box set of 24 from OH (partially because he wanted to watch it too!) as well as a cupcake stand and a basket for my bike. Apparently there's another present that hasn't arrived yet... MiL/FiL got me some planted herbs that are LOVELY for our garden, parents gave me money & Mum got me a few bits & bobs. I made myself an immense Cadbury chocolate cake, a rather large one with lots of creamy chocolately buttercream icing topped with a crumbled flake and chocolate buttons. No cocoa rubbish added, just pure good ol' milk chocolate. And it is bloody lovely! :smug:

Back to work next week after 2 weeks off so OH & I will be back on our bikes to work off all the crap we've eaten recently.... never mind, it was good while it lasted! :cloud9:

You must not have your Bday set on NR as I checked yestersday and no one was on there....really sorry, happy birthday:dance:

Just checked and your dob is not on your profile...get it set so we don't miss it again!

Last edited:
Happy birthday for yesterday hunni, I love going up to Robinsons even just to browse some times as not far from here really is it? Pressies sound good, i wonder what the one is you are still waiting for, any ideas??? x x

Happy birthday mrs!!

Be careful watching 24. I tend to go into a black hole of watching episodes back to back and then have to pull out as I start driving manically, asking everyone to trust me and think/speak in military time. Jack Baur *sighs* My hero.

Happy B'day for yesterday ! Superstore at Basingstoke is great isn't it ? I'll be doing another trip up there in a few months for my first set of jods when I ditch enough weight :dance:

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had quite a good day in spite of us all forgetting :wink:

Ive been briefly visiting NR this last week, been sooooo busy. But belated bday :wavespin: I like my trips to robbies! Sounds like you got some pretty good pressies and 2 weeks off!!! It goes too fast when your off work, enjoy whats left of your break :wink:

Happy belated birthday:dance::dance::dance::dance:, would love to go to a horsey megastore, there are none near us, would have to travel quite a bit, we r near Cheser. hmmm might have to arrange with fellow liveries!!

Happy belated birthday! (Nobody remembers mine either!!!). Glad you enjoyed the Robinsons experience! Our nearest store is the one in Wigan - love it to bits!!!! Your cake sounds most delicious btw. Yum.

happy belated birthday RM... :dance:

Let me know what you think of 24.. it started off well but then the story started getting a bit far fetched and i found Keither Sutherland really irritating after a while as well.

We watched the first series of 24 -was quite good, but I remember the names annoying me, there was somebody called Doctor Ferragamo (sp?!) Don't know why that stuck in my head..........I have a friend who is addicted though......

newrider.com