Flexi Reins

Mickeymouse

May 14, 2020
Hi guys,
Does anyone have any experience with the Shires Flexi- Reins attachments. I recently bought a set but can’t seem to figure out how to put the pin in the hole on the adjustment side. I’m sure it’s simple but I can’t seem to figure it out! Thank you!!

Welcome :). I can't be much help, I had flexi reins years ago - they were brilliant, but I have no memory as to how I attached them! I'm sure that someone will know.

Welcome to NR :D I've never seen them in person, post a picture and we might be able to help you figure it out though :)

Last edited:
If I remember rightly , do you attach from the bit to your regular reins, and they're slightly elasticated? I used them for Ramsey , because he was very resistant to working on an outline, and they were a gentler way to encourage him. I loved them, and they worked.

I don't have those but I have reins which the final 6 inches are elasticated. I got them as when Buddy arrivd, he was very fussy in his mouth, always pulling yanking as he was so used to being in an overtight flash and running martingale. So he was always pulling you out of the saddle. These let him pull but the reins stretched so your hands stayed where you wanted them to be. It cured him of it and I use them still but they are just a permanent feature.

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com