Flexion SBS and roly poly ponies?

Dales_Lover

May 3, 2004
Devon, UK
There is a slight chance in the near future I may be able to have the money to buy the SBS Flexion - but I am going to trial it first.

Anyhow - for anyone that has got a roly poly pony with literally no withers, does it slip forwards/backwards/sideways at all?

Or has it slipped in general?

I can't recommend them enough, I am sure you will love it.

I have had mine since the new year and so far no slips or slides at all. It goes on both my Highlands, one of whom is very round with no withers. I think it is the perfect saddle for a round native pony, and very comfy for the rider too.

Mine is absolutly fine on my round CBxTB, its stayed put when hes had a bucking/rearing/spinning fit! Sadly I dont think you can get the SBS at the moment due to the ongoing legal battles between Heather and Ansur.

Brilliant for the 'rounder' figure in my opinion!

Penny is a wide and round girl and before the SBS I had trouble mounting from the gorund with her treed saddle.

Now with the sbs I have no problems at all. Only in the winter does it slip a bit when she has her wooly mammoth coat! And that is a slight movement of no more than one inch forwards and backwards.

What sort of numnah do you ride with under the flexion SBS? I ask because I have a Freeform, which I am thinking about selling and buying a Flexion SBS. The Freeform is a lovely saddle but a bit long for my short bodied boy, and I suspect is rubbing him a bit at the back.

Caz

well, I just have one of the thorowgood cob grippy numnahs - not very thick at all, but as Penny is a barrel I don't have to worry about padding. And less is better on the roly poly pones, stops slipping.

The most I have is an waffle type plain numnah, but again that isn't that thick - I use that in the summer when she has a thinner coat.

newrider.com