Flowers but argh, flies

We were at the gallops in North Yorkshire yesterday, higher up than we are here and much colder. It was a gorgeous sunny day but really chilly, standing water was still frozen and our weather apps said it was 2 degrees. But we saw a little cloud of midges. Are they getting tougher? Good for the birds though, if there's any about that eat midges this time of year.

We were at the gallops in North Yorkshire yesterday, higher up than we are here and much colder. It was a gorgeous sunny day but really chilly, standing water was still frozen and our weather apps said it was 2 degrees. But we saw a little cloud of midges. Are they getting tougher? Good for the birds though, if there's any about that eat midges this time of year.
I don't know if they are getting tougher. The warmer weather brings them out, so I assume that to mean hatch.
There are lots of things that will eat them that are around.
No sun= no knats for us.

Where we used to live we could often have a day ruined with midges - and it would be bloomin freezing too! I could never work that one out. Why were there midges when us humans were blowing out white smoke it was so cold?! Weird.

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com