flu - woe is me!

sophie33

Aug 8, 2004
London
This is a pointless post - but I am so fed up. Had to go home from work lunchtime Monday cos feeling rotten. Turned into proper flu - I didn't get out of bed apart from to go the loo Tuesday. Yesterday my temperature had come down so I went and turned the girls out on way to work and then went into work. By time I got there my temperature was up again and ended up back in bed by lunchtime. Temperature still up today. I feel like such a wet blanket - just been watching animals in love and crying!!

Posting this as a fierce mother and granny. The old rule was after your temperature fell in flue to give it 24 hours at normal before going out. And that is normal without the help of pills like aspirin or paracetamol. Just that there can be complications if you to try to live an active life out and about before you have realy defeated the virus.

Sorry you are ill - I expect I will get it soon. I do every winter.

Reactions: Trewsers
Aw I hope it's soon better and you feel normal again.
Agree with Skib, you shouldn't attempt to go to work while your still running a temp or for a good 24 hours after it's subsided. Besides it potentially leading to complications I'm sure your work mates won't be thrilled if you go in and share it with them.
I'm very lucky as have never had the flu in my life and from the sound of it I don't bloomin want it. Hope you feel better sooner rather than later, have plenty of fluids and rest too x

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com