Fly spray please!!!!!

shadowfax1967

Aug 29, 2008
south wales
Hi everyone i need fly repelent advice. Took my mare out for a hack tonight after i came home from work, we had a lovely ride EXCEPT THE FLIES she had hundreds around her.

Can anyone please tell me what the best fly spay is as im out hacking tomorrow afternoon and i don't want the flies to ruin our ride.
:confused::confused:

Hi everyone i need fly repelent advice. Took my mare out for a hack tonight after i came home from work, we had a lovely ride EXCEPT THE FLIES she had hundreds around her.

Can anyone please tell me what the best fly spay is as im out hacking tomorrow afternoon and i don't want the flies to ruin our ride.
:confused::confused:

I use Deosect, its expensive but it works on my horse, others are just repellants but this one kills them! Its about £35 but I get 4 spray bottles out of that cos you have to dilute it, so it does work out about the same really.

I've started using one by Net-Tex it's their advanced formula one and is meant to last up to 72 hours, but I apply it at least once a day.

I really do believe it works though, it doesn't stop the flies hovering but they don't seem to land!

I've got that one atm, but not sure if it has been all that good :confused: I've had to put it on at least twice a day.

I usually use Phaser, which seems to work well.

Going to try a combo of Avon SSS (on order) with Phaser next :)

Is trial and error though - different regions have different flies :cool:

I've started using one by Net-Tex it's their advanced formula one and is meant to last up to 72 hours, but I apply it at least once a day.

I really do believe it works though, it doesn't stop the flies hovering but they don't seem to land!

newrider.com