Food diary - one for all of us

Wednesday - dannii5691

Breakfast - a cadburys caramel ice cream (works out 4 points on WW -not very high in cals)

Dinner - small jacket pot with tuna and chicken

Tea - low calorie pot and leak soup with a generous helping of chilli powder in it

Mood - excellent - had a job interview this am and it went brill

This tongue pierced diet is brill. 3lbs off in 2 days, only need 2 lbs off to get down to what i was before I fell off the diet for 6 weeks

Wednesday - dannii5691

Tea - low calorie pot and leak soup with a generous helping of chilli powder in it

Mood - excellent - had a job interview this am and it went brill

This tongue pierced diet is brill. 3lbs off in 2 days, only need 2 lbs off to get down to what i was before I fell off the diet for 6 weeks

Hot spice is meant to be excellent for speeding up metabolism (is that spelt right!!??!!)

I'm being very tempted by lots of sweet and/or unhealthy things today! There are some cakes in the office and things keep popping up on FB that are making me want Percy Pigs or some other sweet and I got an email from Domino's Pizza for a BOGOF deal.

Luckily I have brought lunch into work today so I don't need to go up to the cafe and be tempted. I would really like a healthy idea for dinner tonight though as I cannot think of anything. I need to go to the supermarket anyway as I need to get some more fruit but I don't want to end up wondering round asda and just picking up a pizza because I can't think of anything else and it is quick and easy!

ETA Bodshi... after reading your diary I think I might have salmon!

Bit late now but one of my (dieting) friends says she could eat this for every meal: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1565/spicy-salmon-and-lentils

Have had a mainly liquid intake day up to now as teaching throughout the day and lots of walking around for exercise.

Had 1/2 slice of toast and 'buttery' spread with tea and probiotic yogurt drink for breakfast.

Lunch and snacks between lessons more tea and naughty biscuits ( I buy a packet a week, once eaten thats it until next week !!)

Supper now in preparation, steak burger and salad followed by strawberries and Cornish clotted cream icecream...naughty but you don't really want more than a scoop of it!!

Again slept about 8 hours and woke up feeling enthusastic about the day!!!

Just had two large glasses of wine to add to the day!!

Last edited:
Wednesday:

Breakfast: bowl of golden nuggets

Lunch: 2 cheese and pickle sandwiches

Tea: pasta with tomato sauce and cheese on top.

Not the healthiest of days but no snacking though mainly because Sophie seems to be having a growth spurt and wants to feed feed feed so I'm stuck on the sofa and trying to do work at the same time then rushing up to yard to sort horses and meet saddler.

Drinks wise: one cup of tea, one can of fanta, some lemonade...again not the healthiest!

Sleep last night: slept well but Sophie woke and extra time due to this growth spurt, so perhaps a bit more tired today I suppose.

Forgot to do yesterday... soz

Weds

B: strawberries, natural yoghurt and 1oz of muesli, cup of hot water and freshly-squeezed lemon

L: Scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast and another yoghurt, green tea

T: Chicken curry with cauliflower rice and salad. Couple of poppadoms and yet another yoghurt

Treats (syns) 2 ice pops and some Rainbow drops for my sweet tooth again

Slept well but I've been feeling wiped out lately. Had an awful run yesterday, very heavy-legged. I'm menopausal so my cycles are intermittent yet "Mother Nature" decided to visit for the first time since February so that will explain the low stomach gripes and back-ache and the general "meh" feeling I've been having.

Weds 26th June.

Breakfast: 3 rivittas with a tiny bit of cheese and onion. One apple.

Lunch: White crusty roll with cheese and onion (again!) followed by a handful of grapes.

Dinner: Oven baked cod, oven chips and peas. Probably ate too many chips!

Am thinking of preparing a small portion of popcorn to watch The Apprentice with.

Sleep: Had about 7 hours. My 3 year old woke me up twice so was broken sleep.

Exercise: 2 mile slow school run. 5 hours of chasing my 3 year old around a farm park. Was hard work! Mowed the lawn after the school run. Rode Ben for a gentle 40 minute walk and trot hack around the fields.

Mood: Tired! I felt seriously tired at about 1pm and this is when I typically have a biscuit or chocolate to perk me up. I didn't do that today but had to fight through the tiredness.

wed already

Breakfast - nothing
Lunch - Breakfast biscuits

Lots of tea and a can of monster

Dinner - Mac d sorry, OH's fault - Chicken and bacon wrap and fries medium size

Snack - Yogurt

Exercise - schooled 2 horses 45 minutes each, hacked one 30m all canter and trot.

Mood - excellent as off work but lots of aching muscles after yesterdays circuit session.

Wednesday

Breakfast - large bowl of honey-flavoured cereal with full cream milk, glass of apple & kiwi juice to wash down a large painkiller (headache boo), mug of tea 2 sugars
Mid-morning snack - banana, 3 homemade ginger and nut biscuits
Lunch - tortilla wrap with egg, ham, tomato, lettuce, celery, cucumber, red pepper and avocado, glass of apple & kiwi juice, mug of tea 2 sugars
Mid-afternoon snack - 3 ginger and nut biscuits, glass of Orangina
Dinner - 2 lamb chops with homemade mint sauce, 6 pieces of white asparagus in lemon sauce, small jacket potato (unbuttered) with sour cream, 2 x servings of aubergine and mushroom in a tomato sauce with melted cheese on top. Serving of salad (lettuce, radishes, avocado, cucumber, red pepper, baby tomatoes) in a vinaigrette. Glass of peach ice tea.
Dessert - lemon-flavoured half-fat yoghurt
Mug of tea 2 sugars

Exercise - 10hrs physical work including 8 stables mucked out, 2 x 40mins hack with 15mins rising trot, walked up the hill to the yard x 2, cycled to Mouse's field and back (1.5km)

Sleep - 8hrs, went to bed earlier than usual as I had a pounding headache. Still had it when I woke up

Mood - crap to start with due to headache but fine by mid morning

Wednesday

Breakfast: oat granola with greek yogurt with honey and a small handfull of raspberries and blueberries (this is current favourite!)
Lunch: cheese sandwich (2 slices of white bread, 2 slices of mild cheddar cheese, cucumber and a teaspoon of branston pickle)
Snack: mango Activia yogurt
Dinner: chicken breast and homemade sweet potato and lentil dahl (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/96608/sweet-potato-spinach-and-lentil-dahl) and 6 garlic and herb doughballs from asda
Drinks: about 500mls diluting juice and 150mls innocent tropical juice will probably have some more diluting juice before I go to bed

The lentil dahl was really, really yummy and I still have some left over for tomorrow's dinner! I just couldn't think of anything healthy for dinner so had a look on bbc good food and found the dahl and quite a few other recipes (didn't see the salmon squidsin but that has been added to my list!) that I want to try out! Honestly BBCGoodFood is now my favourite website (after NR of course:yellowcarded:).

Exercise: about 50min of schooling (walk warm up and cool down about 10min) mainly in trot with bits of walk and canter, 30min poo picking.

Weather: sunny and reasonably warm

Mood: happy (but bored at work... we are far too quiet just now)

Sleep: about 6-7 hours. apparently I wasn't snoring or anything:tongue:

I have to say, looking at what some of you eat, I could never survive on that! It looks like I am eating a lot in comparison but when I put it into MFP the calories are within my "allowance" with exercise. I'm trying to get my 5 a day and so far it's not actually been too hard so overall I'm pleased! (and I managed to resist some serious temptation today with the cakes in the office and now my OH is sitting beside me eating a large bar of dairy milk):angel:

Last edited:
I have to say, looking at what some of you eat, I could never survive on that!

Haha yes I am getting that feeling too! Even when I was at college and had a more sedentary lifestyle I wouldn't have survived on so little - how people stay on their feet (literally) without at least one square meal a day I will never know!

Going to add to mine

A flake
A Freddo

A very cheesy pepperoni wrap with garlic and onions from the takeaway

Oops :|

Haha yes I am getting that feeling too! Even when I was at college and had a more sedentary lifestyle I wouldn't have survived on so little - how people stay on their feet (literally) without at least one square meal a day I will never know!

I am glad I'm not the only one! I was just starting to think I was really greedy!

Hides head in shame before posting.....

Tuesday
No breakfast
Lunch poached egg on toast with baked beans
Dinner melon with blueberries, followed by roast pork fillet and roast vegetables (peppers, onion, mushrooms, sweet potato), and crushed jersey royals
Ad lib tea with semi skimmed, and various fruit juices
Exercise Only mucking out 9 and doing hays and feeds
Slept well
Mood ok

Wednesday
No breakfast
Lunch homemade minestone soup with parmesan and home made bread
Dinner Homemade pasta bake with cheese and courgettes, peppers, mushrooms
Ad lib tea with semi skimmed and some fruit juice
Exercise as before and rode for 40 minutes at walk only.
Mood stressed during day as managed to lose a whole load of stuff of my computer which wrecked my day

Dinner: chicken breast and homemade sweet potato and lentil dahl (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/96608/sweet-potato-spinach-and-lentil-dahl)

OMG, that looks gorgeous. Have just bought some lentils and sweet potato, just need the spinach.

Wednesday

Breakfast - 2 poached egg butties

Lunch - Seed bar, blueberries, banana

So much black coffee and fennel tea I could barely make my 1 1/2 hour journey home from work ... it's an age thing.

Home from work snack - 3 chocolate covered rice cakes, handful of almonds, apple

Dinner - home made and dressed salad with piri piri chicken (Tesco cooked meat), hard boiled eggs and Tesco finest coleslaw - Tesco delivered my shopping tonight. Small glass of wine to take away the pain of ironing.

Snack - 3 more chocolate covered rice cakes, grapes.

Exercise - brisk walk from car park to work and back, short relaxing hack tonight.

Sleep - about 6 hours but only woken up twice by hot flushes. Mood - good.

My diary is really boring - but I'm finding it very informative to look back and see what I've actually eaten, never done this before!

OMG, that looks gorgeous. Have just bought some lentils and sweet potato, just need the spinach.

It is lovely. I doubled the quantities so I've got enough for me and OH tomorrow. I also put a bit of garlic in and totally forgot to add the spinach at the end! Anyway it is really easy to make, tastes good and is filling :biggrin:

ETA I actually used a tin of chopped tomatoes instead of fresh and it was still good :wink:

Last edited:
Trews' Thursday menu

Breakie - coffee and bacon roll
Lunch - coffee and flatbread with wafer thin turkey
Evening meal - weak lager and fries to go with quarter pounders on baps
Lots of water inbetween all of this!

Hoping to ride (if I ever get home) and do a walk. I've over chipottled so got a bit of a dodgy tummy. Just hope it holds out as I'm sat here in the truck waiting for OH with no hope of a loo in sight!! lol

My wednesday eats consisted of the following;

Breakfast - Oatbran with skimmed milk
Lunch - Plain chicken chunks, toffee fat free muller yoghurt, two fat free natural yoghurts with sweetner
Dinner - Black pepper and Lemon fish portion and mushy peas.

Copious amounts of green tea and water plus the odd coffee or tea.

Thursday

Breakfast - Oatbran with skimmed milk
Lunch - Plain chicken and a yoghurt
Dinner - tbc

Snack - Fat free fromage frais with sweetner

newrider.com