Food diary - one for all of us

Wednesday

Breakfast - can't remember. Think the dog ate it anyway.
Lunch - tuna pasta salad (homemade, half a tin tuna, some pasta, half tin kidney beans, grated carrot and spoonful of mayo and sweet chilli sauce), last of the birthday cake
Snack - crisps
Dinner - cauliflower cheese and jacket potato, glass of rose

Sleep - 8 hours! Woohooo!

Mood today - reasonably upbeat

Thursday 27th June.

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast with a little butter.
Morning snack: Apple
Lunch: Sushi (lunch sized portion from sainsburys)
Afternoon snack: Banana
Dinner: 2 chicken fajita wraps (but without cheese or sour cream!)
Evening snack:Green sugar snap peas and a banana.

Sleep: Had about 7 hours last night
Mood: Good. Tired at about 1pm but managed to NOT eat chocolate.
Exercise: Spent 8 hours sitting at a desk at work so not much during the day, but I did ride Ben for 45 minutes - mainly trotting.

I have to say that since I started this diary (Monday) I have made a real effort not to snack, and I certainly feel better for it. I am less bloated and I even felt that my work trousers were not as tight as they were last week!

Today I ate

Breakfast: 2 cereal bars
Lunch: bagel and brown roll
Dinner: bf cooked chicken and rice and ate half a toblerone

Exercise: cycled 13 miles and ran 5k in 15 mins
Also mucked out 5 stables and poo picked etc

Mood okay, bit tired but pleased with the run.

Been a stressful week and I've lost half a stone, maybe just dehydrated but need to make the effort to eat better!

Thursday

Breakfast: oat granola with greek yogurt with honey and a small handfull of raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
Lunch: cheese sandwich (2 slices of white bread, 2 slices of mild cheddar cheese, cucumber, spinach and a teaspoon of branston pickle)
Snack: 0% fat peach Activia yogurt
Dinner: chicken breast and homemade sweet potato and lentil dahl and some steamed veg
Drinks: nearl 2L diluting juice

Exercise: week 1 of couch to 5k so walking (22min) and jogging (8min) 1hour poo picking (and after that I couldn't face riding)

Mood: fairly happy

Weather: wet & dull

Sleep: probably less than 6hrs as I got woken about 4 and didn't get back to sleep properly.

Last edited:
Thursday -

Breakfast - few spoonfuls of Philly chocolate
Dinner - jacket with cheese savoury
3 o'clock snack - mc d's snack wrap and burger (oops!)
Tea - ham mush and onion omelette

Mood - ok, but tired

Sleep - rubbish amount

Eta this week since having piercing I have lost 4lbs but still had a takeaway etc
I'm wondering how long I can balance the still having chocolate and sweets but drastically reducing the amount of calories and loosing weight

Last edited:
Thursday

Any other bad fod day for me,

breakfast - breakfast biscuits
Lunch - Panni brie and bacon side salad
Snack - banana and 10 harrobos
Dinner - Chicken casserole and yogurt

Exercise - circuit training 45mins

Thursday

Any other bad fod day for me,

breakfast - breakfast biscuits
Lunch - Panni brie and bacon side salad
Snack - banana and 10 harrobos
Dinner - Chicken casserole and yogurt

Exercise - circuit training 45mins

I don't understand why you say that you had a bad food day? Yes, Brie is high in fat and harrobos have sugar, but with 45 minutes circuit training I'm sure that you would have burnt this off. This looks like a balanced and sensible diet to me.

Thurs: A SW "green" day

B: Hot water and freshly-squeezed lemon. Magic Oaty Pancakes (SW)

L: Jacket potato with Heinz 5 Beans (won't have them again then gave me terrible wind! :redcarded:) Fat-free yog and berries, cup of green tea

D: Spag Bol with wholewheat spaghetti, rice pudding made with almond milk. Cup of green tea

Treats: 2 x Alpen Light bars and a glass of chocolate Koko milk (my HEXA & HEXB for the day)

Sleep was fine, run was awful, had to abandon at 3.3km with hip pain and am still limping. I have an appointment to see a physiotherapist later today.

An eating too much day!!

Three slices of bread over breakfast and lunch (pastrami sandwich was lovely though!!) just made me lazy and snackish, weeks allocation of biscuits now finished with 4 days still to go. Supper same as Wednesday (big snag of living alone, meat packs always contain two portions which need eating withing 24 hours so, unless I do lot of freezing, meals can get repetative!!)

As a result of bread and biscuit overload felt very sluggish so went to bed early which then resulted in disturbed night...very unusual for me!!

Last edited:
OH God not sure why I got up this morning,

bad night sleep as really stiff an sore,
raining

2 x jam doughnuts
1 x mini doughnut
1 x triple chocolate cookie (yummy)
Breakfast biscuits

bugger bugger bugger it is not even 1100. :redface:

Trewsers friday fun munch!

So far - bacon on flatbtread with coffee
Lunch will be flatbread with ham n cheese and tonight will be Mr T's special steak casserole with cauli carrots n mash! Weak lager aplenty!

Off out to the pub tonight so trying to be good. But fill up with food

Breakfast - scrambled eggs with mushroom
Snack - refreshers ice lolly
Dinner - WW Cottage pie
Tea - probs a portion of pasta!

Friday:

Breakfast: missed
Lunch Jacket spud with cottage cheese n spring onion

snack: BAD! had a ham sandwich

tea: jacket spud n cottage cheese n spring onion !

( Id cooked a batch of them the other day hence the JP overload!)

snack: BAD had a whole wagon wheel, and also my graze box came and I had a good rummage through that.

Exercise - short walk with dogs up the lane and back it was peeing down this morning :(

BAD DAY... :timebomb:

OH God not sure why I got up this morning,

bad night sleep as really stiff an sore,
raining

2 x jam doughnuts
1 x mini doughnut
1 x triple chocolate cookie (yummy)
Breakfast biscuits

bugger bugger bugger it is not even 1100. :redface:

It got worse, 10 mini snowballs while cleaning,

Dinner: indian jalezzi (sp) rice and plain nann
Yoguat

T3 x mini bakewell tarts (I made them so had to try them)

I feel like :poop: only rode chanter but did not do much.

:poop::poop::poop:

I can't even make up for it tomorrow as out on a hen do.

Friday 28th June

Breakfast: 4 ryvitta with a small slither of half fat cheese and cucumber
Morning snack: grapes
Lunch:Homemade Couscous with roasted veg.
Dinner: Oven baked cod with chunky oven chips and peas

Treat: Glass of wine - soon to be 2 glasses

Sleep: Broken sleep again due to youngest child waking up 3 times!
Mood: I had a clear head but again tired at 1pm. Heard some dreadful news about the health of a colleague today so feeling very sad actually.
Exercise: Did some fast arena work with Ben cantering over poles. Was fun and we were both sweaty after.

Friday:

Breakfast: bowl chrunchy nut cornflakes

Lunch: salad with cous cous and honey roasted salmon flakes

Mid afternoon snack: two cereal bars

Tea: ooops bad food - we had take away curry!

Sleep: last night was good but not long enough as me and OH went to bed late, busy talking about his work issues

Exercise: none really today

I know what you feel like OBC.. I had a crap day and Ive been so good recently and strict. Tomorrow at least I am going to push myself and exercise it off.

Friday

Breakfast: oat granola with greek yogurt with honey and a small handfull of raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
Lunch: cheese sandwich (2 slices of white bread, 2 slices of mild cheddar cheese, cucumber, spinach and a teaspoon of branston pickle) and a 0% fat peach Activia yogurt
Dinner: chilli and tomato chicken with steamed veg and a handful of potato wedges (OH was having them and I couldn't resist)
Dessert: a handful of strawberries and a spoonful of double cream and a segment of OHs chocolate orange.

Exercise: 40/50min of riding and 30min poo picking

Mood: meh... spent half the day happy and half the day sad... it's that time of the month though so no surprises there.

Weather: dull & wet at the start of the day but ended a bit brighter

Sleep: probably less than 6hrs, OH came to bed at 4ish & woke me up and I was really restless after...like I said - time of the month (it totally messes up my sleep)

My eating is crazy right now, maybe if I write it down it will make everyone feel good and normal :giggle:

1st Breakfast Decaf semi skimmed latte, small bar of praline chocolate
2nd Breakfast two sliced of multigrain toast with butter/peanut butter, water to drink
Lunch about 7 poppy and sesame crackers with brie on, sugar free hot chocolate made with semi skimmed milk
Tea Omelet made with red, green and orange peppers, courgettes, onion and cheese (basically a pastryless quiche) with baby leaf salad and mozarella. Water to drink. Chocolate and cream desert. Small Snickers type bar. A few Haribos.
Excercise walked into town, round shops and library and back home uphill. not terribly far but tiring for me.
Mood flat but not too miserable.

Saturday

Lunch: chicken and chorizo paella from asda and an apricot
Dinner: chicken breast, a handful of wholewheat pasta with green pesto sauce and steamed veg.
Snacks: 5 segments of OH's terrys chocolate orange
Drink: 1.5L diluting juice and 1 elderflower and lime kopparberg :biggrin:

Exercise: day 3 week 1 of couch to 5k (8min jogging, 22min walking), rode Rubic for 40min (20min fast work and 20min walk roughly), poo picked the field for about an hour and 15min.

Weather: dull but dry

Mood: same as Friday

Sleep: got to sleep about 11:30, was woken up at 4, gave up on trying to get back to sleep at 5 so got up had breakfast, went back to bed and fell asleep about 7 and woke up again at 11. So about 8.5 hours altogether.

Last edited:
newrider.com