Breakfast biscuits
small salad
banana

4 bowls of cereal (i was really hungry)

Interval training with x fit 45 mins this morning
Spinning session 50mins at lunch time
hack on Chanter tonight - nice a easy

calories burned through stress 10000000

Ive had a really pissed off day ( various issues!) and it shows... My will power went out the window and I was in a dont care mood.

Breakfast - 3 or 4 coffees

Lunch: Chocolate biscuit penguin

tea: Jacket potato ( HUGE) with salad n cottage cheese

more penguins ( I think I ate 3 more) then I had a salad sandwich later on and more coffees, oh and a choc mini roll.

I feel really guilty and angry with myself, I havent been for the good walk I promised myself either. I hopefully can make up for it tomorrow. It is so frustrating to have a blip, it was definatley mood related.

Glad you liked it Bodshi! I think I'm going to make it again this week.

Tuesday

Breakfast: McVities breakfast porridge oats biscuits
Snack: 2 shortbread fingers (someone brought them into the office and I couldn't resist, as it was they weren't as good as I remembered so I won't be eating anymore)
Lunch: Lentil soup and a roll from the work cafe and a mango activia yogurt
Snack: a dairy milk
Dinner:A handful of oven chips, steamed veg and some birdseye mini chicken griddlers
Dessert: 4 mini caramel shortcakes and a Kopparberg

Exercise: 30min poo picking then a 50min hack to a yard up the top of the village to get a 30min flatwork lesson and then a 50min hack back. I don't feel so guilty about eating a bit of rubbish because of all the riding, I was knackered and so was poor Rubic. I am annoyed I didn't get my 5 a day, I'm pretty sure I've managed most other days (except maybe sunday but I wasn't too bothered about the weekend)

Mood: ok - had planned to go a run at lunchtime at work but had to break my lunch up into smaller breaks because of the work I had going. Didn't enjoy the hacking in the rain but my lesson was brilliant and I ended my day on a high :biggrin:

Weather: dull and very wet

Sleep: went to bed quite late on Monday night and I don't think I got to sleep until around 2ish, woke up at about 4/5 and got up a bit late at about 7:20. All in all about 5hrs

Wednesday:

In a better mood today! I had to go into town so had a day out. I got up late and was rushing with little ones breakfast so I didnt get breakkie.

Lunch: We had a lunch on the go, The cafes were busy and small and is hard work with a pram.. so we went to tescos and ate in the car! Not very heathly but I had 2 large chicken tikka samosas, a mini pork and chilli pie and 2 lemon n sultana pancakes. I had a yazoo milkshake to drink.

Tea: had some ham and salad, and a choc mini roll.

Not a very healthy day, but did some good huffing and puffing up some steep hills with the pram! ( as I got lost looking for an office!)

tomorrow hopefully I can get back to normal. I restocked on pitta bread, wraps and cottage cheese & salads lol.

Mood: Good
Sleep: lots!

Bit of a mixed bag really.

Breakfast biscuits
Salad
banana

Snacks went a bit wrong - bag of yogurt/chocolate covered peanuts and bag of cashew and nut covered in honey

1/2 a pizza and yogurt

Exercise - interval session in the gym very hard followed by x fit session and abs.

Hacked Ginger plus a little schooling in him loads of fun:smug:

Where are all your food diaries???

LOL, I gave up. I eat too much and don't have enough free time to write about it! Also feeling a bit of a piglet seeing so many people manage to survive on about 20 calories a day...!

Last edited:
Yet another interesting entry :|

Breakfast - banana slimfast

Dinner - banana slim fast

Snacks - bag of quavers and a little milky bar

Tea - a small jacket with sweet chilli chicken noodles and veg

Late night snack - slim fast bar

Mood - fed up
Exercise - lunged both horses
Sleep - about 7 hours disturbed sleep

Weds 3rd July

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast with butter
Morning snack: Bowl of raspberries from my garden - they were lovely
Lunch: 2 small oven baked rolls with low fat cheese
Dinner: Oven baked cod with oven chips and peas
Evening snack: Carrots and sugar snap peas with low fat pepper humous.

Mood: Had to look after 2 ill children today so it could have been better!
Exercise: Rode Ben for 45 minutes flatwork in the school.

Can I join in? I have about 2 stone to lose as I have put on lots of weight recently!

My diet is terrible and I REALLY need to shift some flab. Am going to a music festival in middle august so that is my goal to lose some weight by.

Today has been a bad day

Breakfast - 2 cups of tea with sweetner

Lunch - 6 slices of toast with marmite

Snack - Diet Red Bull

Dinner - chicken jalfrezi curry made with one chicken breast and 1/4 tin pataks jalfrezi curry sauce with four tablespons of plain boiled rice.

Mood - Have been ill with summer flu today and feel awful

LOL, I gave up. I eat too much and don't have enough free time to write about it! Also feeling a bit of a piglet seeing so many people manage to survive on about 20 calories a day...!

I dont have lots of time on my hands I have a child to care for ( in fairness it takes me 20seconds a day to write my post!) but anyway my 'job' isnt as physically demanding as yours so I dont need as many calories..and I have approx 2 further stone to remove from my body before Im not classed as 'obese' even, but that was my problem before consuming to many excess calories and not burning them off. When I was a groom in my younger years I was slim and toned and ate like a horse ! :wink:

I certainly eat far more than that!

I find it really useful to write down what I eat. Since I have started this my main aim has been to curb my snacking and with the feeling that I have to confess to the world (you lot!) what I eat, I have found that my snacking has stopped. Infact, looking back at my entries I haven't had a single biscuit, cake or chocolate bar since I started. I feel better for it and I think that I have lost a little weight as my tight jods were not so tight today!

Last week a work colleague was diagnosed with kidney cancer and one of the triggers is being overweight. This was the wake up call that I needed to lose my excess baby weight and get back to what I was once and for all. If I have to write down what I eat everyday for the rest of my life, that's what I will do if it helps keep me on track.

I'm not criticising anyone Gimp :) But I actually ate this well LONG before I worked with horses, my job has nothing to do with it. My mum and grandma are such passionate and excellent cooks there was no way I was going to grow up a small eater :giggle: Being the mum of a young'un must make a big difference, my best friend who was always slim and athletic has had real trouble shifting her baby weight, she is very active still but not in the ways she used to be. The pram pushing must be good exercise though!

I think that the hardest thing about being a mum and trying to be healthy is that you are always fighting tiredness. When you are tired, you crave sugar (I do anyway!) and it's just so easy to reach for the wrong types of food. I think that it's also easy to get into bad food habits during pregnancy which stick with you. I was very sick during my second pregnancy and ended up eating cakes etc. because they settled my stomach (bizarrely). Hence why I put on 5 stone. I am still 2 stone heavier than I was before my children were born, but as my youngest is over 3 I really need to do something about it.

I certainly eat far more than that!

I find it really useful to write down what I eat. Since I have started this my main aim has been to curb my snacking and with the feeling that I have to confess to the world (you lot!) what I eat, I have found that my snacking has stopped. Infact, looking back at my entries I haven't had a single biscuit, cake or chocolate bar since I started. I feel better for it and I think that I have lost a little weight as my tight jods were not so tight today!

I totally agree !! I felt so bad exposing I ate 3 penguin bars in one sitting :yellowcarded:

I'm not criticising anyone Gimp :) But I actually ate this well LONG before I worked with horses, my job has nothing to do with it. My mum and grandma are such passionate and excellent cooks there was no way I was going to grow up a small eater :giggle: Being the mum of a young'un must make a big difference, my best friend who was always slim and athletic has had real trouble shifting her baby weight, she is very active still but not in the ways she used to be. The pram pushing must be good exercise though!

Yeah pram pushing is great up hills, you can really feel tummy muscles working and heart rate pumping.

I was pleased today on one of the hills I tackled, I looked at it and thought ( or I knew) I wouldnt make it to the top... however I did! I pushed myself.. but losing some weight and exercising has really paid off. I felt quite chuffed when I was at the top ! i may of looked bright red like a ribena berry! but I made it :bounce:

I've kept posting my food diary but sometimes with a bit of a delay depending on when I get on a computer!

Wednesday

Breakfast: McVities breakfast porridge oats biscuits
Snack: 2 apricots and a doughnut peach (yes that is right, not a doughnut but a doughnut peach)
Lunch: heinz tomato soup, activa peach fat free yogurt and a shortbread finger (someone needs to remove these from the office asap!)
Dinner: 2 handfuls of white fusilli pasta in arribiata sauce with a breaded chicken breast steak, a wee slice of cheese and some steamed veg
Snack: 1/2 a fresh mango

Exercise: week 2 day 1 of couch to 5K so 22min brisk walking and 9min jogging, 40min riding Rubic, about 20min in walk and 20min faster work, 30min poo-picking

Mood: Quite happy until after work when I just felt I had too much to do and little time to do it. Then I was a bit stressed!

Weather: dull but mostly dry with a few sunny spells but it was a bit windy!

Sleep: I think I got around 6 hours

Thursday 4th July.

Breakfast: Banana. I tried to have toast but the toaster blew up!

Lunch: 3 smallish rolls with onion, pepper and a little cheese. Snacked on apple, banana and grapes over the afternoon.

Dinner: Cottage pie made with quorn.

Evening snack: 1/2 pack of tortilla chips with low fat humous.

Mood: Great
Sleep: Had about 7 hours
Exercise: FANTASTIC jumping session on the best horse who ever lived!!

Thursday:

Breakfast - banana
Lunch- wholemeal pitta with salad and cottage cheese and a slither spreading of low fat pate.

snack: small portion of lowfat natural yogurt

tea: Now I was in two minds at tea time! The chinese were out at the village and I was toying with getting one. I knew I would regret it, I did last time. Instead I went to a clothes shop that was open late locally and had a mooch, kept myself busy and headed back when they had left! I felt pleased with myself and had a repeat of what I had for lunch for my tea!

Just had a coffee and a piece of ham!

Sleep: pretty good
Mood: Happy!
exercise, 2 x dog walks but only probabley was about a mile in total.. I did though try and powerwalk with my pram!a:)

Skinny mini.

Breakfast: rice crispies with whole milk and suger

Lunch: Weatherspoons £5.19 burger and a beer

Tea: Bottle of wine

Oh dear.

Exercise: Poo picked field, mucked out hens, did shopping, tramped round London all day, came home, lunged the pony. Now sitting in a heap.....but if someone suggested a party....I would be up for it lol

newrider.com