For all the friesian owners

I would check the breeding first, you need to know that they are properly papered and registered with the FPS for them to be sold as registered friesians.

I don't know of these people personally but FHAGBI do a very good guide to buying a friesian which can be found on their website, also it might be an idea to make yourself a member of FHAGBI as a lot of owners will advertise horses for sale there.

There is also a reputable owner/breeder in Ireland - George Fawcett, who does have some very nice friesians for sale, all fully papered, may be worth having a look at his.

If you want a proper Friesian, be prepared to pay-anything cheap is very dodgy and probably not a full Friesian. Is Blackhorses on here still? She has good stock, proper baroque types. Otherwise, do as the others say and register with the correct society in order to get a decent bloodline.

I would check out other Friesian dealers , Ideally one that practice what they preach, Don't want to put you off but a court case is quite expensive as I'm finding out.......

If you ring Fhagbi, they'll be able to tell you where stocks come from. Jane Slavin knows practically EVERY friesian (alot unregistered ones she knows of too). She knows their history.

A friend of mine is looking after she lost hers :( she went to see one in Scotland (no idea where) and after a convo with Fhagbi she learnt where it had come from and the start in life its had etc etc etc. Brilliant to have someone like that.

Good look in your search!!

newrider.com