For the first time ever I need rescuing...*pics added *

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Just about to leave the yard tonight when a storm suddenly swooped in.

Wow I have not heard thunder like it in so long and right overhead. And now the rain has come, it's like a monsoon outside.

Taking shelter in one of the stables awaiting rescue from my boyfriend and his car. I will cycle in most weather but would rather stay at the yard the night than risk this!!

Reactions: juliecwuk and MrC
I was out riding in it on Sunday. In the thunder and lighting. When we left it was just thundering but seemed to be skirting round us. No rain, then the heavens opened solid for a good hour. It had flash flood across the road riding back to the yard. The water was up to the horses bellies as we walked through it. I have had some wet rides but that was seriously the worst. I was riding along frequently emptying my wellies boots. I could feel the water sloping around. I was so pleased with the boys. Chunky didn't worry, and considering billy doesn't do puddles and running water, he was just amazing especially going up to his belly.

Reactions: Trewsers
It was a bit crazy and I didn't get home till 10pm. The horses all ran about at first to the noise, but they soon settled down to graze in the torrential rain. Roads were all flooded on the way home!

Pics from today. Stranded again after just making it to the yard before the heavens opened. Had to call for a lift again,you can imagine the state of the roads!!

They mainly spent it grazing so not fussed at all.

Most of the water on the grass had gone within half an hour

Yuk, glad you could get rescued :) my field is still like that down the bottom, every time it starts to dry up we get another big storm :( I've been caught 5 times this week

Last week in my town a father and his two young children were struck by lightening while going out through the school gates. He is still critical in hospital, his son was also critical and his daughter was said to be in a serious condition. The son and daughter are now home though, well that's what I've heard. So Ale be careful, I would not like to be out on a bike or my horse for that matter when their is thunder and lightening. I love to watch it though :)

newrider.com