For those interested in Icelandics....

Yep ditto that about the difficulty of trying to find somewhere to get some experience with icelandics.

I'm very much looking forward to meeting up with icyrider and the hairies soon, not to mention the pup lunch after :p

Flump1967, ruskii and I all met up for the first time during the simmer at one of the Verwood shows and I can highly recommend the experience. It is worth asking the locals for directions as it is almost imposible to find :p

Hopefully in the coming season more NR's would like to go to see what all the fuss is about. Highly recommended not just for the horses but to meet the icy owners themselves too. A lovely bunch of people :)

Ohhh yes the pub,thats what your really coming for isnt it :p hehe

I just hope its a day like today and not wet and nasty :(

Ive just spent the morning sorting out fencing trying to get them all off the mud,it was a task and a half!Having 3 hairy ones battling it out to get onto the long grass made life fun to!

Felt I should give a quick update on our Icey experiences.
HUGE thanks to Icyrider for letting me and Joyscarer come and see her lovely horses this week. They are stunning and we were both so impressed. It was great to get close enough to see the confirmation which makes them so strong and also to watch them so happily playing and running in the field.
We thought long and hard about squashing at least one of them in the back of the car ...:D
Tasty pub lunch didn't go amiss :p and great to meet another lovely NR member :)

I am keeping my eyes open on the Icelandic society web and others and am hoping to see one with my name on it at some point in the future. Can't wait for the next Oakfield Show (at Verwood) to go and see them in action again.
Much recomended, it is like nothing else you have ever seen.

Sounds like you had a great time meeting the Icelandics!

Did you by chance, take any photos to share?;)

newrider.com