Found a new soft spot today.

learningcurve

May 25, 2008
I thought my Bertie was acting a bid odd this morning trying to scratch his sheath.

So went up tonight armed with warm water, sheath cleaner, cotton wool and latex gloves. I have never attempted cleaning a sheath before and was thinking the worst.

Well he couldn't get enough of it.:eek::eek::eek:
He isn't the most responsive to a normal scratch, likes it, but not overly bothered, but this, he was in heaven, it was hilarious.
He was grooming the ground, lifting his leg up out of the way, each time I stopped to get some clean cotton wool he moved round closer to me.
He wouldn't get his wotsit out though, so no idea if he has a "bean".
I can't believe how far your hand goes up inside.

When I put him back in the field, he tried grooming my daughters ponys sheath, think he thought Zeb might do it back, Zeb was not having any of that.

I was waiting for a hay delivery which was late, so thought I go and poo pick the few they had done this morning.
Bertie wouldn't leave me alone, kept sidling up to me, pulling mushy
faces.:eek:

If he is still acting a bit odd in the morning, I'm getting the vet.

Someones got a crush :p:p

NB. You should compare notes with Flipo's Mum - have a look through her posts, her lad lvoes it... Makes hysterical reading! The vet caught her and him at it the other day too ;)

haha, I suppose if you think about it, they don't get it out as much once they're castrated (generally speaking we aren't counting male tarts who were never told about the op!) so it must get more greasy etc as fresh air isn't getting to it.

I know quite a few geldings who go a bit gaga over that. At the RS I learnt to ride at we had an 18h shire who loved it.....

Oh, your boy sounds like he enjoys it more than mine! Flipo just quietly rocks back and forth and very sneakily moves over so before you know it he's directly above your head (all 750kg of him, yeeuck!)
I've had terrible difficulty with cleaning it, he's a mucky pup, and he hides it away as well. On Friday for the very first time since I've started the bean dropped out and I thought 'what's that' followed closely by an 'oooohh' of realisation. I was expecting baked bean. More like butter bean. I think the vet might have thought I was being a bit heavy handed.

What a way to bond with your horse eh?! :rolleyes:

newrider.com