Found long leather boots for us with chunky calves....

Sarah-B

Oct 8, 2005
Hampshire
I don't post much on here anymore for one reason and another, but as I know a few members were having the same trouble I was finding long boots to fit I thought I would let you know I have finally succeeded on the hunt-for-long-leather-riding-boots-for-chunky-calves front!!

I have huge calves (well huge everything really) - they are 18" :p

Now I've just received my pair of Tuffa Suffolk Broad long boots and they actually fit - I'd say with room to spare as well!! So for the first time ever I actually have some long leather riding boots!!

They were a really good price from that store as well, some places are selling them for nearer £150. Also, DH says they have the added bonus of having a touch of the "Lara Croft's" about them!! :rolleyes:

I have also found a lovely pair........ Mountain Horse High rider 2 WIDE they fit my chunky 18 inch calf wooo hooo:D

P.S have a pair of M. H high rider 2 standard width in excellent condition in a size 8 for sale pm me for more details (will fit up to 16 and 3/4 inch calf) have box and original labels and care guide

Speedy xx

I have a wide calf and I've always found the Mountain Horse High riders a generous fit - I've recently bought some REquisite Toscana's - and tho they're standard fit, they do fit me comfortably.

Excellent! Thanks for sharing.

It's good to see you here again. How is TC getting on?

Thanks for asking :) - he's good, we have a lovely sharer who adores him and he is being spoiled by the both of us. I have a new horse too - King is a piebald Gypsy Cob and a bit more of a manageble size at 15.1HH!! Takes my little herd up to four now!!

I think we need to see some piccies of your new addition. Along with some recent piccies of the lovely TC if you have any.

They re great ive had a pair for 2 years now and theyre still going strong I totally live in them, all winter, good to ride in too .Tuffa also do a zip front shoe which is an ariat lookielikee also really comfy smart and practical...gotta pair of sheepskin lined paddock boots from them too.....I love Tuffa!!:D

Double fab! Post a piccie of the cob-bought mine 6 weeks ago this week (think he's grown-was 14'3, now 15hh!) and madly in love! Also have 'calves of steel' so might bookmark the boots in case the OH ever relents! Just cos I can:

DSC000391.jpg

newrider.com