Found my back bone in the bottom of a glass of wine - update

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Well, after the other night I knew I had to 'man up' and get on the Ginger one again. A friend offered to come up to the indoor school with me for support.

He did one leap forward and nothing more :biggrin: after 20 minutes I got off.

Last night I had a group lesson and have to say I was bricking it with 3 other people we sent off in the same school as the issue the other night.

I think I might have been a little quiet or very white as the RI asked if I was OK:giggle: He was OK for the warm up tried a little discussion when I asked for trot or when someone trotted pass but I pushed him on. The lesson was OK I didn't learn a lot but to be honest I was not really trying in that way I was just focused on keeping him forward and working.

He was lovely did some nice work actually had to stop and pick up a crop as he was back to lazy 'oh no not more work mum' I did not have spurs on or a whip as I didn't want any excuses from him.

So night off tonight before a weekend of hacking lets see just how that goes...

Last edited:
Well done, its a horrid feeling that one of unpredictability.

Hopefully he will be a sensible boy hacking out this weekend.

Well done and good for you. I don't think a little drop of something does any harm to take the edge of the odd fit of nerves.

My RI tells me I relax and ride better after a glass or two, on occasions. Don't go to mad though, otherwise you can find yourself getting on and falling off the other side:giggle:

It was a very big glass of wine :giggle:

I went for a hack today with a friend who is very supportive. We have a lovely walk trot and gentle canter. Ginger was supper.

I have called the saddler but no answer as yet so will be trying another one on Monday. That's the problem with changing locations you have to find all new people.

I think his GP might be a bit tight so will not use that until it has been checked.

Finally feel like I can cope with this thanks you for all your help and advice

I didn't doubt you for one minute...I just new you would sort it somehow and that if guts and determination were needed you would win the day!:wink:

Could you possibly get yourself over here for Tuesday morning to ride Dolly when the saddle fitter comes? :D

newrider.com