FREE Horse Vaccines

Can't get my head round that website. There is a disclaimer there from Intervet, a large company that manufacture vaccines but in the information about diseases it states that there is no vaccine available for strangles. .. Interesting since Intervet got EU and UK liceneses for Equelis StrepE, a vaccine they developped and spend a lot of money marketting in this country.

There is something about this site that lacks the polish of Intervet websites and I would be a bit wary about submitting information to this site. There is no such thing as a free lunch and this site does not look like an Intervet promotion to me.

If I have got the wrong end of the stick here then I do not doubt someone will put me right but, to put it bluntly, the alarm bell is ringing for me. Regarding the government paying for our vaccines, if there is any truth in this I am disgusted. I can thing or plenty of human welfare initiatives they can spent my hard earned tax on.

Looked all right to me - and fairly typical of the UK government to consistently reward people for irresponsibility. Honestly, you guys, why do you keep on paying for this stuff and not getting upset about it ?

Yes, this would worry me as well...
"These terms and conditions shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of The Netherlands. Any and all disputes arising here from or in connection herewith shall be exclusively submitted to and finally resolved by the Dutch competent courts."

As for rewarding irresponsibility, thats hardly fair! I've just bought a 2 year old welsh D, who the breeders hadn't had vacc. as he never left the stud. In the midst of paying for castration and a full set of vacc, i wouldn't object to a bit off and i am certainly a responsible owner! Surely the point is people want to get their horses vaccinated!?

Don't think spelling and punctuation would pass old_womens test...:D

It's not a judgement - just a fact ! We pay for the things we want to encourage : work more hours - get more pay. Have more skills - get more pay. Feed my horse while on vacation ... and in return I give you stuff / money / something. Similarly with fines - doing something bad, get fined. Not rocket science, simply economics.

It's not 'the government' that 'pays' to encourage people to get vaccinated - it's 'the rest of you' !

If I kept up to date with my vaccs, I don't get given free money.
If I let them lapse, or can't be bothered - why do YOU want to pay for them for me ?

Yes, this would worry me as well...
"These terms and conditions shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of The Netherlands. Any and all disputes arising here from or in connection herewith shall be exclusively submitted to and finally resolved by the Dutch competent courts

Don't think spelling and punctuation would pass old_womens test...:D

This is not a government site and it is not an Intervet site. I have forwarded details of the link to Intervet for their comment but it is Friday afternoon and we are not likely to get a reply for a few days.

In the mean time I would seriously advise people not to submit any information on this link. If it is a government initiative why does it not mention passport details? Why the Intervet disclaimer? What has the Netherlands got to do with it?

It is either a hoax or a scam.

Hi
There have been adverts on TV too for dog, cat, rabbit & horse. I have phoned my vets to ask if those who haven't vaccinated are getting theirs for free, what discount do I get as have horse vaccinated yearly!
The practice Manager is going to call me!!
Will keep you updated!!

I am taking advantage of the offer for my little mare! I bought her and she has never been vaccinated! I have worked hard since the day I left school so I think I am more than entitled to claim a little of that back through this... My horse un so far unvaccinated for reasons that are certainly not due to my negligence!!!

ETA I phoned my vet who is on the sight to ask if they were taking part in it first and they are fully aware of it!

Last edited:
I am pretty sure its not dodgy - there is a TV ad campaign running to vaccinate mainly domestic pets - dogs, cats, rabbits etc but also included is horses.

I had a quick look at the site and cannot promise its related to the TV ads but there is definately something going on!

newrider.com