Free music downloading

TBminx

Mar 22, 2013
I need to know how to download music free and easily to my laptop and also to a smart phone (my nexus is away being repaired grrr).....

Help??

Illegally basically. There isn't another way to download music for free.

You can stream music to a laptop for free using spotify or something similar but if you want it on a tablet or phone you need to pay £10/month (although they may still do a one month free trial).

Just be careful downloading music - my friend downloaded a virus that has completely screwed up his hard drive. It threw up a message purporting to be from Cheshire Police saying he had to pay a £150 fine to have his hard drive unlocked - and it had succeeded in locking it. But if you pay the fine, no doubt part of the virus stays on your computer so the fraudsters can get you again.

That is scary!! I'm glad I don't download anything illegally tbh!!!

Oh it isn't just illegal downloads, that's the thing. I think there is news that it has been in apparent adobe and microsoft downloads too... turns out they are fake but I'm sure they look real enough for people to fall for it!

My friend says he was on a legit website - he wasn't illegally downloading, it was music he'd paid for - and he also can't think of anything he might have accidentally clicked to download the virus, which is pretty scary!

Um, on android I have downloaded free music, its an app.

Eta, just looked and its what was already installed on the phone and a different one on the tablet, so not illegal.

Last edited:
Um, on android I have downloaded free music, its an app.

Eta, just looked and its what was already installed on the phone and a different one on the tablet, so not illegal.

What app is it? Genuinely interested as I pay for spotify as it is cheaper to have that than download every song or album I like.

Once you download it can you do what you like with the tracks (eg transfer it onto another device, burn it to disk etc) or is it streamed using your internet connection? On spotify I can download songs and playlists to listen to offline (when I don't have Wifi) but I can't move the songs or playlists off the app.

My friend says he was on a legit website - he wasn't illegally downloading, it was music he'd paid for - and he also can't think of anything he might have accidentally clicked to download the virus, which is pretty scary!

That is scary!

Yeh I had an app on previous phone so not illegal I thought but no scuh app on this temp phone.

My phone has a music app. Already on it, it just allows you to play or make into a ringtone.

Eta-its called MP3 Music Download by Crosbyrina Music, its specifically for phones. I just put Music in the search bar and that comes up.
Also a fair few of the free apps pretty much look the same. I can have music going while I tap away.

Last edited:
I've just changed networks and upgraded my phone, I have a free music download app called Deezer.

I do remember many years ago a lot of the kids used to use Kazaar but am guessing that is illegal as it's file sharing and no ides if it still exists.

I've just changed networks and upgraded my phone, I have a free music download app called Deezer.

I do remember many years ago a lot of the kids used to use Kazaar but am guessing that is illegal as it's file sharing and no ides if it still exists.

Interesting. I thought you had to pay for Deezer. Clearly i did not look into this properly!!!

newrider.com