Free online course, care and management

This is their mission.

Coursera is an education platform that partners with top universities and organizations worldwide, to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free.
We envision a future where everyone has access to a world-class education. We aim to empower people with education that will improve their lives, the lives of their families, and the communities they live in.

This is my first experience of it online, I have done A level type courses that I had to pay for distantly but by post.

Wow - sounds like a great mission!! I am going to have a really good look at their site tomorrow. I had no idea such things existed. I've heard of distance learning but wasn't entirely sure how it worked.

I did the equine nutrition one and thought it was great. Then signed up to one on human nutrition which was from an American uni, it wasn't so great so I didn't complete it. This one is Uni of Florida - I will be interested to see what people think when they are doing it and might sign up next time if it is good :) I imagine some of the info may differ from what we would learn/use here but maybe not.

newrider.com