Freedom

I really feel for you, it’s very tough. To us complete freedom in a huge field of grass is how to keep a horse but the reality is sadly very different :(
Sounds like she had fun though!

I really feel for you, it’s very tough. To us complete freedom in a huge field of grass is how to keep a horse but the reality is sadly very different :(
Sounds like she had fun though!
it's a shame for her, she loves being out and running around but just need to restrict her as while her weight is fine, she is just prone. her mum lived out all winter and has never had a vet out since we got her, she is tough.

No no OMG
The muzzle was on the yard so she had taken it off when she came in, ready to go to bed.
On a serious note, hope it hasn't done her any harm
When I came down to the yard I saw it was off and suspected it was up the field in the mud and I would never find it so I was pleasantly surprised to see it tidily outside her stable door. She clearly decided that she preferred to come back to the yard and the others given it was raining!

Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
Back to square one, she is lame again this morning, so yarded for now. will turn her out for a couple of hours a day with a muzzle and put a plastic pad in so she CAN'T eat anything, very sad for her. It's no life for a young horse but I guess it is better than being dead.

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy
Back to square one, she is lame again this morning, so yarded for now. will turn her out for a couple of hours a day with a muzzle and put a plastic pad in so she CAN'T eat anything, very sad for her. It's no life for a young horse but I guess it is better than being dead.
They're like us - some adapt to the "retired" life really well, some don't. Ramsey never settled to it, his field mate took to it like a duck to water.

I have found the only muzzle that stays on is the old fashioned stubbs plastic ones with a leather headcollar. It obviously can't be worn for long but she went out this morning for a couple of hours - hoping she might exercise. Nope just stood in the sun and slept....20200326_090139.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy
We're trying the boys in the summer field tomorrow - may need to go the muzzle route too!

I think given the state our winter field is in, we may just keep them in there till the autumn and harrow it then and use the summer field for the winter

newrider.com