Fresh horses?!

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Do yours go silly when the temps drop?

This morning Jess came thundering down for breakfast screaming as she came, then was leaping and kicking up a fuss, stop and check if it worked to hurry me up then leap off all 4s squealing again 🤣

358F14B1-52F0-4C98-BD1F-B40FCCEF0432.jpeg
32D218C9-E6F3-4AEB-8E0D-9F54CD6ADC0F.jpeg98101F47-2E90-4AF4-B126-25877762FE57.jpeg483C403A-44CE-4921-8491-8D817876669D.jpeg

Then I let the ASBOs out on a freshly rested field and Niko took to galloping lap after lap in excitement 🤣 sadly no pics of him as I was too busy watching my back while poo picking near Jess!

The little boys obviously didn’t feel the cold and just stood watching the antics rolling their eyes at the silliness 🤣

Yesterday and Sunday Robin came in breathing fire. Couldn’t quite work out what the issue was. Apparently he had been a pain in the field yesterday so as the grass is reducing and the weather isn’t so great I have brought him in for winter. The first week out after box rest he couldn’t wait to get back out but the last week he has been dragging his feet going back out. So will see what he is like tonight!

Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
Storm has been seeing things that other horses don't see for a few days now which means she has given us some wonderful (not with her leg of course) displays of bucking up and down and how quickly she can spin around. And all that on the end of the lead rope! Once in paddock she's okay for a little while but it's come colder and she gets bored and the sliding stops start. So until we get another calmer spell she's confined to the yard and grazing in hand again!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Jessey and Huggy
Oh Jess's antics, that's hysterical! She is obviously feeling very well.

Sid is so fat he can't do any airs above the ground. He just stands at the gate in his best Handsome Cob pose waiting for me to come and feed him...

Reactions: Jessey
Storm has been seeing things that other horses don't see for a few days now which means she has given us some wonderful (not with her leg of course) displays of bucking up and down and how quickly she can spin around. And all that on the end of the lead rope! Once in paddock she's okay for a little while but it's come colder and she gets bored and the sliding stops start. So until we get another calmer spell she's confined to the yard and grazing in hand again!
Oh no, I know exactly what you mean though, these little displays make me cringe for the leg, but a little bit warm and fuzzy that she’s feeling so well.

Reactions: Trewsers
Oh no, I know exactly what you mean though, these little displays make me cringe for the leg, but a little bit warm and fuzzy that she’s feeling so well.
Yeah, I know, in some ways it means they are feeling good and with Storm I feel pleased that she can / wants to do that! But part of me cringes too!

P took it upon himself to record a new highest speed over the weekend :D . We were going uphill too, which usually slows him down.

He's definitely feeling 'well'!

• Haha
Monday Luka was a right prat at the start of the ride, even getting tack on him was "fun". Attempting to trot and buck down the hill at the start of the ride with me keeping bringing him quietly back to walk and determinedly not reacting to the humps by changing my riding. He settled after about 10 minutes and was pretty good after that which at least gave plenty of praise opportunities, and the wisdom of that approach showed today when he was a poppet from start to finish.

Watching him gad round the field on Monday after his ride made me very glad he'd kept a lid on things!

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
newrider.com