friend came of ginger tonight

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
I had a young girl asking about share horses I told her that I have two and she is welcome to come and ride chanter. He obviously heard this so ran though the fence.

I said she could still come up and meet them and have a sit on ginger if she wanted.

well she loved ginger and rode him in the indoor school on monday. He was a good boy he did special face and refused to go on the bit but she enjoyed it.

tonight they went in the outdoor I warned her that he is sharper and off they went. I was finishing off chanter when I heard a commotion. Ginger had put in one of his shot forward to gallop and he just popped off.

I felt awful. I did warn her lots of times that he is not a novice ride but like people up the yard say. He always looks so nice and easy.

She is fine luckily but will not take him for granted again.

Good boy - he sounds like an educator! The best way to learn to ride is to get on something with a few tricks up its sleeve!

My boss had one horse for sale who was massively sensitive to the leg and only needed the lightest pressure. If you put your leg on too strongly he'd get very tense and tail-swishy, and if you nudged too hard with your heels he would bronc - just once, but with him, once was enough ;) She always told people this when they came to view him, and they'd be like "yeah yeah I understand"... and then kick him :rolleyes: and off they would fly! That horse knew how to get his message across.

Reactions: newforest and Rubic
Its funny as she really wants to learn to jump but her ri will not let her until her seat us better and after last night I agree. He only went in a straight line. X

Its strange isn't it as most people comment that mine is placid and a bit of a plod. Yes that's true but she can still do a 180 spin and go. I haven't "touches wood" come off but she one beefy lass in go mode!

Oops!! Hope she's not been put off tho!
Moët has surprised many people who have ridden her, they say she's only a cob, but she's pretty forward going and can throw bucks when she is spooked, and has put my friend in hospital :(

Its funny as she really wants to learn to jump but her ri will not let her until her seat us better and after last night I agree. He only went in a straight line. X
I think that's the thing with TB's the acceleration is rather something and can take you very much by surprise if you're not used to it, I remember a similar thing when one of the young girls on my old yard rode Oscar, she asked for canter a little bit to harshly, he shot off at warp speed and she nearly came straight off the back!
Do hope she's ok and not too put off by the experience.

newrider.com