Friesian Gradings

i would of loved to of gone but dont know enough about it to bring her :eek:

have fun :D and get pics :p

If shes registered you could have brought her!! tut lol

I'll deffo have fun, was running around with a tin of tacks today! Didnt even need to shake it to get her moving! lol shes gonna fly in the ring!!!! Literally!!!!!! lol

I don't understand all the registation stuff so gonna ask you alot of questions :p

who and how do you register?
do they have to qualify?
do you have to run with them?
what actually happens :eek:?
is it a specific thing they are after?

Lol im sure i'll think of more but anything you think i should know please do :eek:

Im useless :eek::p

Fhagbi/FPS - Is where you register them! Do you know her sire/dam?
You can get runners to run them! Believe me its worth it, you should see how fast they get them to run! I want to keep my heals thanks lol
They shake a tin of rocks and crack a lunging whip ( only enough to get them really moving) to grade them on confirmation and movment (40%/60% i think). They grade them either Ster (best), 1st premie, 2nd premie or 3rd premie or nothing!
Yes, very spefic things, too many to list! But if you go onto the FHAGBI website, it tells you :) Eg, Dished Face, knee actions, power from the behind....

Its nice to see all the other owners too!!

i really want to go again, i went i think last year with the lady that looks after the two friesans on green lane, wow it was amazing, def want to go again, so many stunning horses and extremely cute foals. I LOVED IT!!! haha

Im not sure if she is registered or not tbh all i know is i got a pedigree, family tree and a passport with her. thanks for answering my silly questions :D I'm going to think about taking her next year possibly :D

her dam is teakje and her sire is huite, now i have been told that the FPS dont want to allow horses produced by their breeder as he went against their will and did something or other, so not 100% so on that one, would she be accept in:confused:

thanks again for answering just curious never been before :eek:

I will be going with my OH as spectators as we only got our girl yesterday, and i have soooooo many questions to annoy everyone i speak to about..
Really looking forward to meeting all other Friesian fanatics.

Caz

I am a FPS 'friend' member. They had an allowance for the amount of spectators (all got to be members in one way or another) they could allow but i got a message the other day saying no more places were available, thankfully i had my wristbands by then. Got to join as a full member now as have got my girl and need her documents and passport amended to put me as new owner :D
Caz

I didn't realise you could go to this one as a spectator as I would have gone. I decided against taking Charlie as my OH has been made redundant so money is a bit tight. I'll hopefully take him to the next one in the UK. x

Hayleykins, sadly you are in the same boat as me! We can just join fhagbi as a friend, or enthusiast as we've got more hope of flying to the moon on a pig than registering our girls :( You can thank mr "uk friesian foundation" for that !! Also i really hope that you got yourself a legal passport from the passport agency or suchlike as the passport that mr "uk FF" gave you is only good enough to wipe your **** on !!! It is not a legal passport.

Speedy xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Anyone who is a member of FHAGBI can go and watch - I think there are still places it might be worth giving Jane Slevin a call.

I will be getting lots of pics and yes there is another one next year but it will be a bigger one - they take turns with Ireland to hold the main UK & Ireland grading which is why it is a 'closed' inspection this year - the main one is over in Ireland. Next year will be open for anyone to go and watch.

Hayleykins and Speedygonzalez - I know the man you are talking about and the particular problems you may have, completely out of order but some people have managed to get horses bought from him registered - very complicated to go into here but please feel free to pm me.

Our horses are from "Mr UK Friesian Foundation" and we have managed to get ours registered! taken 2 years, but its been done!!!! Huite is one of our mares sires i think actually!!!

Cant wait now!! Got my little list done! Ive been playing REALLY loud music and shaking rocks behind them! ha xx

i'd love to be going, to cheer along madlady's little ones if nothing else, but i had a good time last yr. however, i havent registered on fhagbi yet, due to the fact that i refuse to pay £70 annual subscription for the few months that is left of the yr... they will not do a part-annual fee so i cant justify it.

but i will going next yr to the proper one, and taking my lovely lad.

good luck to everyone who is going, let us know how you all get on.

I was going to go....but we had 2 ponies with strangles:( As it was going to cost £100 plus transport I withdrew. I wasn't sure if our yard would get the all clean in time or if Oeke would possible become infected. As it turns out no other horses got it, Oeke has immunity, and we got the all clear two weeks ago. But such is life, rather safe than sorry especially with all the young horses there:rolleyes:

I totally forgot to ask if I go as a spectaor too, so will have to wait untill next year to go and see...am so annoyed with myself I really wanted to watch if I couldn't take Oeke.

GOOD LUCK to all you going....and take lots of pictures...PLEASE:)

I am going with Siward, not sure what he is going to make of it all...........Been a chore to get shoes on him never mind anything else. Best of luck to all who are going

newrider.com