Fun Ride Report

domane

Gracie's mum
Jul 31, 2005
This is just one of those happy and contented posts. Went to the fun ride yesterday with P on her 17.2 ShireX. Last minute, Jill decided to come which was great. Only my third time towing without Dom so I had company. Albi is a lot more hot-headed these days and can be a wound-up handful for Jill but yesterday the stars were aligned and everything went like clockwork. Everyone behaved. We were all suited in terms of wanting to trot, canter or gallop together and the only flaw was at the end when we reached the jumping field and Albi flatly refused to jump anything that wasn't near the exit back to the trailers. Nappy little sod. Unfortunately, due to a lot of rain on Thursday, Lincomb had wisely decided to close off their two main XC fields to protect the ground but Gracie and I still had a quick hoon around the ones in the top field (they'd added a few extra).

Great organisation too. The route was clearly marked and they even had a complimentary cold drink truck halfway round. We also got a rosette and a creme egg on completion. I shall go again!

Slept like a log last night.

And..... can you believe it..... not one if us remembered to take a single photo!!!

domane

Gracie's mum
Jul 31, 2005
Just to add.... this photo was taken in Oct 17..... not long after I had had my brain retraining and Gracie and I were learning to jump. At the time it seemed HUGE to me.... and wide!

20190407_084929-800x571.jpg

Yesterday we popped it a couple of times and I barely noticed it!! Who'd have thought? Not me!!! haha

mystiquemalaika

Jan 7, 2013
Sounds like you had a fun day and bonus on the cream egg! You 2 were made for eachother its been so lovely watching you both grow together and your confidemce go from strength to strength.

GaryB

Mar 23, 2015
Sounds great! I went last year and it was *very* busy so decided to give it a miss this year. I think I saw the official photos on FB this morning - maybe you could link to yours if that is allowed?