Further to my hunting thread....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Thanks for all your lovely comments, I read, re-read and digested them all. Whilst I don't have an issue at all with gallumping about the countryside at high speed and in a large group, as was mentioned several times I do worry that Gracie's fitness may not be up to scratch. I know her adrenaline would be high and I'd hate for her to overdo it and injure herself (or both of us) through my own selfishness and stupidity. So I suggested to Jill* that we spend the summer getting everyone fit and then sensibly start with hound exercising in the autumn and go from there, rather than diving in and throwing ourselves to the mercy of a well-established field!

So it's not a no....it's a not yet :cool:

* Jill agreed and then admitted that she never thought I'd say yes any way (she HAS hunted before, but isn't a regular)

I think that's a more sensible idea. Who will you be going out with? I do hound exercise and autumn hunting with quite a few packs before the season starts proper.

Not sure, Lissie. Could be the Wheatland or Albrighton....Jill will sort it. I'll let you know nearer the time.

Albrighton are very very steady, quite a few don't jump so will always be a way round. Wheatland a bit more goey but nothing gung ho.

newrider.com