Gale force wind?????

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Of course I am going to check our local weather station, but, can it really be gale force winds in June?! Oh dear. I thought we had done with the whole pretending to be on the Indefatigable (for any Hornblower geeks out there you'll know what I mean!) in the caravan of an evening..............eeeek! Winter we expect them but not now! Best get my ear plugs at the ready too. Oh, and I'd best check the girls top boxes too - bailer twine at the ready. Actually, that's a good tip folks - make sure your horses stable doors are secure at the top - don't want any unpleasant nose-bangings if the wind takes hold.

Meant to be really horrible tonight - wind getting up already here. Tobes def going to be staying in. Fat as he is I don't want him blowing away off the field!

I thought as we hadn't had a very good May that we would have a good June - clearly not!

Meant to be really horrible tonight - wind getting up already here. Tobes def going to be staying in. Fat as he is I don't want him blowing away off the field!

I thought as we hadn't had a very good May that we would have a good June - clearly not!

and its not going to get better apparently :cry:

Glorious today, Spent the morning half way up the hill, de-smegging Gwendolinda, getting her foal fur out before it mats and has to be cut off. Doing everyone's feet and giving them a jolly good brush.

It was so windy I spent most of the time with my tee shirt blowing over my head as I did feet. But all the fuzz and dust blew away. It was like a warm hairdryer.

Glorious today, Spent the morning half way up the hill, de-smegging Gwendolinda, getting her foal fur out before it mats and has to be cut off. Doing everyone's feet and giving them a jolly good brush.

It was so windy I spent most of the time with my tee shirt blowing over my head as I did feet. But all the fuzz and dust blew away. It was like a warm hairdryer.

Wally you definitely are in a micro climate. Here has just been raining and windy, certainly not at all warm. Think your weather is much nicer than ours actually.

Yeah, our pair are staying in too!

While Wally was busy flashing her boobs at all and sundry we have had monsoons and required waterproofs :mstickle:
Was going to keep ponies in but they can all go out and shiver some pounds off.

It has rained on and off here. Hope the midges aren't bad later - they were pretty horrendous last night - I have tons of bites...........

I am getting really sick of this weather. Its either to baking hot and poor horses are sweating and itching, or its raining so hard you just can't get a thing done:stomp:

Sunny and warm in Scotland and the midgies are biting....!

The twin engine Island plane would have fun flying in this, midges don't stand a chance. That's why we don;t get sweet itch.....that and we have the "right" type of midge.

I've been piling the Avon Skin So Soft spray on our pair, tis the only thing that keeps the midges off - they either drown in it, or are repelled, not sure which!

Looking out the window now and the trees are digging in. might have to pop up and see the boy to sow some weights into his rain sheet so he does not blow away. :bounce:

newrider.com