Gelfy has gone to a new home

chev

May 7, 2002
right here, right now
My little Gelfy has gone to a new home. I am, for the first time in 23 years, horseless. And bereft.

Going to miss my little One-Eyed Git. I've had him 17 years and we've come to live in each other's pockets. Now my pockets are empty.

I am sorry to read this and after all those years of course you would be feeling bereft - who wouldn't. I am sure he is in a great home and that hopefully you might be able to see him still from time to time. I hope you will do your best to stay strong and keep going and not allow your heartache to set you back.

Oh loads of kind vibes to you. I can only imagine how it feels:(strength vibes coming to you. I hope you can go see him at some point? And as jessey says, I'm sure you picked a good home for him.

He's gone to a lovely woman who wants to spend time getting to know him. She even had me write up a list of his characteristics. But it just feels like another loss; first Nige, then Dolly, then my home, now Gelfy.

My heart aches.

Oh chev, my heart goes out to you, I've no words, just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers x

That's a lovely drawing you did. I have no words of wisdom, I just hope things get better for you and want you to know I am thinking of you.xxx

How sad :( perhaps you will find something else horsey that will fill the void a tiny bit?

@GaryB - I'm hoping to get back to lessons once I'm out of hospital. That will help. But there's still nothing like having your own to go and scritch whenever you need some pony therapy though is there?

Reactions: GaryB
Perhaps when you feel confident that you're recovered you might find another pony or 2. As you say, there's nothing quite like them for therapy.

What a lovely drawing. I really hope you get some horse time soon. Might you be able to visit him in his new home?

@GaryB - I'm hoping to get back to lessons once I'm out of hospital. That will help. But there's still nothing like having your own to go and scritch whenever you need some pony therapy though is there?

You are right - its not the same if you haven't got some involvement. I'm sure you have thought of it, but would you be able to share? I only saw my share horse a few times a week, but I still though of him as mine...

newrider.com