Get a rabbit they said...

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
I have a stunning rabbit called diesel who i have had about a year. He has been having free roam of the garden as he has been putting himself to bed on a evening.
Went friday evening to get him in no where to be found!! Searched the garden. Nothing. Walked the tenfoots and the streets nothing. It was now 11pm and thought i would get up at dusk as he would be up. So saturday morning 04:00 I am out searching for a hour. Trying to look in people gardens while trying not too look like i am trying to rob them!!! Phoned all the vets to tell them he is missing. And search more in the local area the afternoon. Let soical media know. Ordered some missing pósters whixh were coming on monday. Sunday came up again for much of the way searching again. Asking neighbours aswell as doing my own missing pósters and sticking them up.
Monday came still nothing. No news starting to think maybe a family have taken him in as there is no.trace of him. Tuesday. Its my birthday and i just want diesel back. Never realised how attached i was to him. Tuesday evening get back with my presents open the back door into the garden. Start washing up. Then i hear a noise. Look down and diesel pops in the back door!!!!!
He is now grounded until further notice.
20191219_122822.jpg20200527_140802.jpg
20200527_151506.jpg20200527_151857.jpg20191219_122846.jpg20200703_002446.jpg

He's a handsome fella! Rabbits are far more fun than people think - our Willow was a huge character - saw off the local cats on a regular basis, jumped over little show jumping courses my daughter set up, and enjoyed games of tag round the patio. Not what I expected at all! Glad your boy got home safe.

Reactions: Trewsers
We had a house bunny. He was a really lovely character. Used to come to the cupboard and beg for chocolate digestives! We all missed him when he died, he was such a huge part of the household. I'd have another in a heartbeat! He was so clean too.

Reactions: Huggy
He is a pretty boy.

I had a rabbit when i was younger. So did my brother. Although i ws too young to remember his one. I know mine suddenly had some kind of paralysis in her back and couldnt use her back end at all. So she was put to sleep. I wanted another but wasnt allowed.

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Such a handsome chap. He reminds me of my rabbit Caractacus who was our house rabbit when I was about 12. He was black but he was a very big rabbit, a Beveren fur rabbit, I think, and he terrorised our cat and any visiting workmen. And anybody who tried to sit on his space on the sofa.

I have to say that Diesel must have at least 9 lives to have spent that long tooling around outside and not got eaten by a local dog or fox!

Reactions: lauren123 and Huggy
newrider.com