Gettig rid of rainscald

Rub some Aloe Vera gel - you can buy it fairly cheaply from most chemists, don't go for the expensive MLM stuff - the scabs will lift off but the aloe will encourage healing at the same time.

One of our horses had a bad attack recently, unfortunately the only solution was to pull it off, if it is left on, especially if the horse has a rug on you will find that it will just become full of pus under the scabs, we tried everything from washing her in hibiscrub, drying it off, green oil, tea tree oil, we did use Aloe on her but unless the scabs are off you might find it difficult, in the end we clipped her fully, pulled off the scabs and put Aloe on her, which I believe to be the best, but sorry to repeat myself here but the scabs do need to come off. I have to add this attack took us all by surprise because she had it the first week of rainfall at the end of the summer, when it was still quite warm and she did not have her rug on, the plan from now on it to rug her even in the summer, cos we put it down to the fact she had been rolling in the dirt then the rain came and washed it into her skin, talk about live and learn, but it was so bad that prevention is the key for her now.

newrider.com