Getting a grey SHINY??????

Soph&Pab

Jul 28, 2009
Im having a photographer come on Saturday to take some pics of Pablo and just wondered if anyone knew of something to make a grey shiny?????

;)

Well, I don't know about shiny, but I have a mostly white piebald and I think the best bet is to just use the special shampoo for greys. What type of grey? If hes dark then maybe but if light then just get whitening shampoo and some showsheen.

The most shine comes from a healthy coat, from feeding the correct supplemts and feed.

For a quick fix shine, a bath the day before and lots of coat shine spray on the day ;)

I was always told you could never get a grey (white) shiny because light doesn't reflect off the coat colour in the same way.

When I fed top spec, his coat was like gloss! And it outshined both of the black horses in the field!

For a quick fix I would just get them super clean and drench them in coat shine :p

It's a bit like blonde hair - you won't ever get the same shine from products and treatments as you would with dark hair as the light reflection isn't the same.

To get a grey shiny you need to feed them a good diet with oil based feeds etc. But as said a quick fit, bath until super clean with shampoo for greys then dunk them in a barrel of coat shine :D

good luck with that one LOL

Ours does shine if you catch the light the right way

BUT he doesn't shine like a dark colour does

I'd go for gleaming white coat and then spray with coat gloss but not too much and avoid the saddle area at all costs!

Yes i agreee with the glitter, i went and bought mine out of claire accesories and it make him shine under light,good luck

Thanks everyone, all was well on the day, I bathed him in the morning with a Lyn Russell shampoo for greys which got him lovely and WHITE and made his coat feel lovely and than I gave him a little spray with showsheen and he had a lovely shine on him even though I did cheat lol

Got some lovely photos though:D

Pets At Home do a white dog shampoo from their boutique range that makes my sec A look like he has silver highlights. Better than a lot of horse ones - cheaper too!

newrider.com