getting confused with left/right rein

SkyeBean

Dec 16, 2008
essex
Hi people,

I've been getting confused with what way round the school is left and right rein! Can some-one please explain.

xx

I know its been answered, but I just remember it by whichever way you turn when you change the rein! When you are in the centre of the school just walk towards the track. Whichever way you go is that rein! If you reach the track and turn left you are on the left rein and visa versa. But I can't really talk, I don't know my lefts and rights when I'm driving. Mental block, dunno why! :rolleyes:

I know its been answered, but I just remember it by whichever way you turn when you change the rein! When you are in the centre of the school just walk towards the track. Whichever way you go is that rein! If you reach the track and turn left you are on the left rein and visa versa. But I can't really talk, I don't know my lefts and rights when I'm driving. Mental block, dunno why! :rolleyes:

very good way of remembering actually :D

That is wonderful. No one told me,

I had endless problems too and also with rising on the correct diagonal . I still need to think "Rise and fall with the (front) foot by the wall".

The ludicrous thing is that in grown up dressage one does not rise to the trot and out hacking although one should vary which diagonal one rises on for the sake of the horse, it doesnt really matter. Most horses I have hacked have put me onto the right diagonal.

newrider.com