giant national NR meet

If you did it somewhere like YHL and got everyone to wear something (like a t-shirt) to show they were on NR then i think it could :)! Mind you, that would only be the NRs in the UK :( - but im not sure we could manage a global meet :p!

I think JOJOBA tried to organise one, was hard with so many people having commitments...myself also had to pull out as so did alot of people. I think it just ended up a mini meet I cant remember!! ( or didnt happen atall) !

Go for it tho no harm in trying again! I would love to try and make it to one :)

I think its a good idea :) trouble would be, finding a place that was good for everyone to get too. A lot of younger members would have to rely on lifts off parents and things and to parents, it might all seem like a bit of a silly idea :p

Perhaps organise it at a place as central as possible to the UK, and start to organise it about a year in advance so people can note it in their diaries - i think it could work but it could be devoid of youngsters, those who work irregular hourse and those who can't get someone to look after their horse for a day :)!

I think wherever and whenever it is, loads of people won't be able to go. But I know I'd try my hardest to get there :D

TBH this would be very hard to arrange as where would everyone consider central??

There are some people in Scotland who cant attend scottish meets as they would have to drive for 3/4 hours just to get to the central belt never mond down into england and that would require flights rather than cars for most of us I am afraid :eek:

There are also people who cant leave their horses for that long ie travelling and the cost of the whole adventure. would be a lovely thing to do the last one ended in no-one coming.

Nikki xxxx

Don't worry MNM i don't think you'd have to bring a horse - that would make it even harder to organise :)! All the people who would come on a train would need to scrap that, people without transport would need to hire it, and then we'd need to find a place big enough to fit all of the boxes, trailers and lorries safely - and have all of the horses there safely, too - it would be like trying to organise the parking for a hunt! Besides there are so many horseless NRs and ones with horses that won't travel/couldn't do the distance it would be unfair on them :).

Perhaps even an England meet, a Scotland meet, a Wales meet, a Northen Ireland meet, an Ireland meet and so on. People across the pond could do meets by state :).

Its a lovely idea, but a logistical nightmare - we're struggling to get more than 3 people from the same county in the same place at the same time, lol!
YHL or HOYS makes sense - nearer the time it might be an idea to start a thread for people to post what day they'll be there, and fix a meeting point?

What we really need is a millionare in Derbyshire to invite us all to stay in their mansion for the weekend :D;)

The logistics are pretty bad. trying to co-ordinate a massive amount of people woudl be pretty ard going.

To attempt it, I think you would need as suggested more than one person, perhaps one from Scotland, Wales, Ireland England.

Then trying to get enough people to justifty the cost. booking a hall and only 10 people turn up is a bit of a downer :(

Great idea, but woudl take a lot of hard work, and also dedication from those doing it. I woudl also say that people who say they are going, woudl pretty much need to be 100& they could go and not pull out at the last minute, whihc is easier said than done.

:(

newrider.com