Giving up

x.Moomoo.x

Apr 28, 2009
South West
Can't afford one on loan (espec a 16.1 tb app) and have looked at various times of years, for years.
Yes I had Cori and she was amazing but lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place and I waited my whole life for her.
I am greatful to have to Wren to hack out and just be with but I'm paying for a horse that I can only do a quarter of what I would like to do - when I could potentially pay the same for one that is more what I'm looking for.

I know I sound like an ungreatful bitch but I'm just a bit tired of paying for a horse I can't ride much or do anything other than walk and a bit of trotting on.

Tbh I think I may have gone into caring for another horse too soon after Cori (okay it was about 2 months after) but right now, I'd do anything to have her back... I could only do the same on her as I can with Wren but I don't know why I loved Cori a lot more (I know that sounds really mean because I do love Wren, she is a sweet mare... it's just not the same)

I don't know what to do, I might just leave it. It causes so much heartache.. I've never felt like this.

I dont think you sound ungrateful at all:)

Chin up though, we all have our off days. Dont know much about your past with Cori or whats going on with Wren but I do know that once you have found that special horse they are very hard to replace, in fact you never replace them, you just busy yourself with a new one that you love differently.

Maybe give up your loan of Wren if you want to do more with a horse and start a serious search???

I dont think you sound ungrateful at all:)

Chin up though, we all have our off days. Dont know much about your past with Cori or whats going on with Wren but I do know that once you have found that special horse they are very hard to replace, in fact you never replace them, you just busy yourself with a new one that you love differently.

Maybe give up your loan of Wren if you want to do more with a horse and start a serious search???

I had arranged to view a 16.1 tb this saturday, but the lady I shared Cori/Wren with (who I'm going to be sharing the new one with because it just works) doesn't want a tb. She said she knows how much they cost and must be brought in a lot and on strict rules/times because of yard rules etc. and we don't have the time nor the money to fund for such a high maintainence horse (cost would equal about £300 a month)

I see what she's saying, I agree but I just don't know what to do. There are no horses in our area anyway let alone the perfect 15hh hardy PC pony who is available for a part-loan type agreement. It's just too rare... and this tb sounded ideal for us.. it just gets me down because when I get my heart set on something, I can't stop.

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean, when I decide I want something it has to be now!!!! Patience has never been my strong point:rolleyes:

Why are you so set on a TB??? From what I know they do need a lot of caring for compared to a native but if you have the time then it shouldnt be a problem. How would it cost you more? is it because you would have to pay for stabling? Could you not buy the TB yourself and give up sharing Wren?

Sorry for the questions but I dont know much about your situation:eek:

come and see me, i might be able to help ok. i passed youway the other day with my daughter and had to pull into the gates there, i seen a girl poo picking and wondered if it was u?

I have a TB I got him in July, this is our 1st winter together but so far he hasn't needed feed and still looks porky, hasn't worn a rug yet and just has his feet done every 7-8weeks - he has alright back feet and doesn't need shoes but I do alot of road work so put all 4 shoes on. I can leave him without being ridden for 2 weeks and he will be the same as I left him. He lives out 24/7 and I intend for him to do this all winter so we shall see. We are still doing the reschooling part at the moment but he is the best buy I have ever made and I will never part with him.
Not all TBs are expensive.

u seen how small my little girl is havent u, well she cantered my n jumped my horse today lol i did do a thread but seems no one interested lol

doesn't want a tb. She said she knows how much they cost and must be brought in a lot and on strict rules/times because of yard rules etc. and we don't have the time nor the money to fund for such a high maintainence horse (cost would equal about £300 a month)

my tb's (and anglo) live out all year round with no problem, nothing high maintenance about my girls

my neighbours welsh a and d are more high maintenance with worries about lami, obesity, and one doesnt like being out if its too warm

im sorry youre giving up, maybe youll feel better again soon x

my tb's (and anglo) live out all year round with no problem, nothing high maintenance about my girls

my neighbours welsh a and d are more high maintenance with worries about lami, obesity, and one doesnt like being out if its too warm

im sorry youre giving up, maybe youll feel better again soon x

I know, I really wouldn't mind a tb :( she just is stereotyping every tb which just annoys me and trying to explain to her that going to see her etc is no harm at all.. :/

newrider.com