Go for it!

Liz M

Crazy Horse
Apr 5, 2001
England
Visit site
After seeing the last good luck thread I felt inspired to write this one to say a massive 'Good Luck' to everyone doing GCSEs (poss A lvel modules too!)in the next few weeks! Ok, so if you're like me you'll have done 5 exams before half term (orals, German & Music) but the big ones start tomorrow for me - Geography and English Lit in one day! AGH. But this isn't about me. GOOD LUCK.
Liz :D

Yes, Good Luck To All You Students!

In two weeks, I have 3 exams for high school to write (Canadian history, english and religion). After that- SUMMER BREAK! (July, August and a week in September!!) I live in Canada, so I don't have GCSEs, but exams are exams no matter where you are!

Good Luck To You All!
Maci :)

Hi Liz I'm also doing GCSEs argh they're finally here! Two years of work…quite scary isn't it!!
Ugh I know, geography and english lit in one day…I'm doing those too! These next two weeks are jam packed with exams and then they ease up with just the odd one in the last few weeks. So I'll not be doing much riding :(
Can't wait for leavers day :):)! And then two months holiday!!!

Good luck with your exams!

Fiona.

I'm out for summer and have already taken final exams. For those of you who cannot yet breathe a sigh of relief, good luck and let us know how you do.

Good luck Fiona! After today it should get better I hope. I've got 7 exams this week, five next and 1 the week after. But then, I have the end of year ball and three months holiday, before going back to Sixth Form and NOT wearing a disgusting uniform. Hope you get the grades you want!
Liz. :D 14 days till my break!!!
PS Good luck Maci!

Although I'm way too old for school exams I do have a daughter in the middle of 'A' level exams so I know what you are all going through and what you are putting your parents through!!

Good luck to you all

Ahh, Exams Are So STRESSFUL!

Thanks Liz M! Mine are in two weeks, and I'm sure I'll do fine on them, but I have a LOT to study for history! :eek: Oh well, when the rest of my friends have exams on the last day, I don't have them because the course I took doesn't call for a final exam! Getting out to summer early!! YES!!

Good Luck Fiona, Liz M And Everyone Else!

Thank goodness those two are over! The geography wasn't bad at all but the questions on Of Mice And Men were disgusting! (and the hearts and partners ones weren't much better)How were yours Fiona?
Another two today: Textiles and Biology, but they're only 1 hour 15 minutes each.
Thanks Maci - I might need it!

Hi Liz. Yeah geography was OK the only thing was, we changed teaches just after christmas when my old teacher left. The new teacher we got was absolutely crap and taught us nothing. We were supposed to do the ecosystems work with him but we, erm, kinda didn't…so section C was answered mainly by guessing! But sections A and C were fine.
Yeah the 'Of mice & men' questions were a bit piggy I did the one about the ending of the book - wasn't going to do Curley's wife! We didn't study hearts and partners we did twefth night and post 1900 war poetry. They were ok really.
Biology today was fine but I'm not looking forward to maths tomorrow!

Good luck!

Fiona.

Wow.....

Do you guys who take GCSEs, take all your exams for the whole school year all at once? That must be stressful, if you do!!

Where I live (Canada) we have semester system- first semester from Septmber until the end of January and second from the start of February until the end of June. We have 8 subjects in all, but 4 for each semester. When each semester is up, we have those 4 exams. It makes life a whole lot easier, rather than studing 8 all at once! How does schools/exams in Britain work?

It's complicated!

Maci - Well, you do two sets of SATs in Year 2 (7 years) and Year 6 (11 years). Then you go up to high school in the year you turn 12. We've had exams every year since then - year 7 we had school ones to sort out sets, year 8 they realised everyone coasted along with out working so introduced 'mid point tests' which don't really have a purpose (that's just my school though), year 9 you have your final SATS (they are just in English, Maths and Science) and then in year 10 and 11 you drop some subjects and carry on with 10 or 11 (9 in some schools). Luckily for me I took Maths a year early but that leaves me with 10 subjects, all with exams in three weeks. It's not just ten exams either because most have two papers, and the foreign languages have a speaking exam, a listening exam, and a reading exam (stupidly I took two languages!). They give you mock GCSEs in Year 10 and the beginning of Year 11. Finally you take your GCSEs this time of the year.
Luckily they have just changed the system in sixth form and everything is modular, you take 5 or some mad people take 6, A levels but you can drop one at the end of first year - sixth form lasts for two years. For them, you have exams at the end of every term. I think that system is much better. The Canadian system sounds much better than ours!
Fiona - I think you must have done different exam papers, they sound like different questions to me - I did OCR for Geog and AQA for Eng lit. I was really pleased with the biology paper too! Good luck in your maths, I'm so glad I did that last year! Have you got French listening this morning?

Yikes!!

Liz M- That sounds very complicating! I was beginning to get lost in your explination, it sounded so confusing! Wow! Now I'm thankful that our system is less complex! We don't start exams until we get into high school (grade 9) and all the way until university/college ends. Of course, university/college exams are MUCH harder than high school ones! That's the part of uni. I'm NOT looking forward too!

You Have Summer To Look Forward Too!

Hi Liz and Maci.
Oh exams…don't you just love them. Maths was, erm…I think 'solid' is the only way to describe it! And have these examiners got this thing about putting geography and english (language) on the same day?!
I don't do french, so I just had maths today. I do separate sciences and geography - 10 GCSEs altogether.

Hmmm...if we ever get a summer, that is, Maci! the weather isn't looking too promising :(!

Fiona.

Summer......

Yah, Fiona, I know what you mean! Here, it's always rainy or if not raining, cloudy. The sun hasn't come out in a LONG TIME, and if it does, clouds block it! It's warm, but cloudy!

We Think It's Going To Be One Of Those Summers...

At least some of you get some rain, right? I just got my grades back and am slowly recovering from a nervous breakdown. My crdits and GPA didn't add up mathematically and it's funny how my grades in some classes dropped by 2 letters even though we didn't take exams. This leaves me a lot to sort out tommorrow. Good luck everyone! :)

You'll be alright Katie!

As for English language and geography - again - on the same day I think it's horrible. I just hope they don't give us something really obscure in the comprehension. I don't mind writing a letter or something because it's more creative!

I'm sure you're Maths was Ok Fiona, all my friends were dreading it when I left yesterday - when I did mine I had knocked myself out two days earlier and had severe concussion the day before! I am never going to let me head meet concrete ever again! Well, I think it knocked some sense into me if my result was anything to go by.

Weather here hasn't been too bad, it rained yesterday, but the day before the sun came out and we all went out of school between exams to sit up at the castle. It was really fun and we did NO revision, just played 'It' and other primary school games. It meant that sitting in an exam afterwards wasn't as fidgetty as usual!
Hope everyone's exams go well today,
Sorry it's long (again!)

Hmmm...my computer kept on saying there was no new posts in this forum :confused:

Well after this week I've only got a few more exams...:D:D

I thought english language on Fri was OK the questions were at least answerable! Geography was a bit wierd though they seemed to keep asking the same question!

newrider.com