Going out tonight!

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I've been talking to an old friend on fb and tonight we have decided to meet up and go out for food and drinks. We used to be close a number of years ago, we even went on holiday together. But then we had a few arguments and stopped talking. So I'm quite nervous about it being awkward but at the same time looking forward to maybe making a friend again. As sad as that sounds!

Ale just go with no expectations and have fun. :) If nothing else you'll have a night out. Enjoy it :)

Well I would like to tell you about my day - I too met up with a friend from my past today!!! I'm sure you will have lots of fun and want to meet up again!!

My friend I knew in secondary school (not close friends at all but she was nice and we got on), we have mutual friends from school who I have kept in touch with and she hasn't. These friends I meet up with a few times a year and every meeting we have a discussion titled 'where the hell is blah blah!' It's like she disappeared off the face of the earth (purposely). Anyway a horsey friend works in a local school and happened to chat to this girl because she has a Welsh accident and asked where she came from....anyway turns out it was the friend from school who seems to just disappear!!!! Turns out we have lived 10 mins from each other for the last 8 years (even have a link through mutual friends!!!), we have been to the same baby groups (different days) and also go to the same cafes/shops etc!!!! Bear in mind we grew up in Cardiff and now live in Wolverhampton!! We have daughters the same age too! We had a wonderful lunch chatting and catching up and plan to meet in the near future with the kids and hubbies! She has also got back in touch with our school friends yesterday and is so utterly pleased she had this chance conversation with my horsey friend!!

Also I was going to say that I felt utterly sick before going to the lunch, worrying about everything, I felt like I was going on a blind date! I hope you have a great time this evening, I look forward to reading about it!

Had a great time, thanks everyone!! Had a fab pub fish and chips and a couple of glasses of
wine, lots of laughs and no awkward silences. Its been so long since I have been out without my boyfriend it did feel weird at first but she is very easy to talk to and we went to 2 lovely pubs! Glad you had a good day too Julie, how weird to think you had been living so close all that time!

Oh and trewsers I chopped all my hair off haha, its just below my shoulders now, I got bored of the knots last week and gave myself a pretty good haircut. Its so much easier to manage now but I do miss the long hair a bit

Reactions: Jessey
Had a great time, thanks everyone!! Had a fab pub fish and chips and a couple of glasses of
wine, lots of laughs and no awkward silences. Its been so long since I have been out without my boyfriend it did feel weird at first but she is very easy to talk to and we went to 2 lovely pubs! Glad you had a good day too Julie, how weird to think you had been living so close all that time!

Oh and trewsers I chopped all my hair off haha, its just below my shoulders now, I got bored of the knots last week and gave myself a pretty good haircut. Its so much easier to manage now but I do miss the long hair a bit

I'm sure its still lovely! And it will grow again......glad you had a nice time.

newrider.com