Gonna try it today.......

You will be fine! Have you access to a school? I am a wuss and have only ridden Storm in the safety of the school! Mr T used to hack on Joe with no saddle (he was such a good old boy at times) but I am far too wussy!!!

Got a large arena to play in.. going to use an old stirrup leather as neck strap.. I'll probably be ok, but a bit nervous about it

Got a large arena to play in.. going to use an old stirrup leather as neck strap.. I'll probably be ok, but a bit nervous about it

Yes, neck strap very good idea! Last time I had a go with Storm, I made sure it was a hot, sunny day, and quite frankly she wouldn't have run away cos she'd be too hot and tired....hehehee

Nope, mine is the best friends one - it comes with a girth.

rubbish video but this is from when i first got mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWkFr3xDE0

we are a bit more established now and walk, trot, caanter, tiny jumps and lateral work in it now.

Brilliant! Who was the little guy peeping over the stable door? (Sorry I have no sound on this computer, in case you had a commentary on it!lol)

no, i turn the sound off when recording (because i sound awful on film!)

the little gal is Piccolo - she is in her loan home at the moment - she had a habit of getting into all the films! she was about 3 in that vid and is a dartmoor pony

Ah - she is cute! (how could I say "he"?! lol) Hope she is going on ok in her loan home - I do recall you mentioned it a bit back.

You'll do fab. I'd love to have the guts to give it another go.

I've wrapped him in virtual bubble wrap :biggrin:

I've managed a walk trot and short canter (on one rein) and walk and trot on the other, he didn't like my lack of balance on the rein we didn't canter on (I also have a boney butt:redface:).. He lunged and free reined fine before hand no issue, and lunged fine after, canter on both reins..

His trot was fab, he's engaging his hind legs really well in trot, and his head lowered into the good outline position.. the muscle on either side of his wither has vastly improved in just 8 days, so expect even better by the time I have my lesson on fri..
He doesn't like the neck strap at all, but guess he'll just have to get used to it..

Doesn't sound like you did too badly! Well done mrs!!

Thanks :smile: I surprised myself when I went for the canter.. I was doubtful about going into trot, but found once I'd got a good position, he seemed happy about giving his all.. but when I lost my position and balance, he didn't appreciate carrying a sack of coal :redface:

Well done! How fabulous! I'd love it if Ziggy could find an outline, I bet it feels fab... But I doubt he ever will...

He's not been the easiest of horses... when he doesn't want to do something, the stubborn Cob side of him comes out :smoke:

How is it going? I have done bareback bare for want of a better word. But I can list the reasons I now use a pad. Outweighs the reasons not to.

Have wondered because I like to experiment about putting on simple roller. I know someone who teaches students using a vaulting roller so they sit deeper on the horse without any oh my god I will fall off if if the horse does xyz.

Thanks :smile: I surprised myself when I went for the canter.. I was doubtful about going into trot, but found once I'd got a good position, he seemed happy about giving his all.. but when I lost my position and balance, he didn't appreciate carrying a sack of coal :redface:

The canter is easier bareback than the trot until they decide to stop or move suddenly sideways:wink:

newrider.com