Good Lad 😃

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
So popped the saddle on the wee guy to see what he’d do with it. Didn’t give two flying craps. Not even when he was trotting and cantering round the school with the stirrups flapping and bouncing about. I only had the light stirrups I’d used with Kia for years still in e saddle, I’m looking to get some acavello opera stirrups to help alleviate my hip twist issues which will be clunkier and heavier I’d imagine so we can see how he gets on with those at a later date 😃

Then we parked at the mounting block and I leaned over with 2/3 of my weight and again he didn’t give two figs. I’ve been jumping up and down beside him and reaching/leaning over with my feet in the ground to scratch his other side since he was six months so he really doesn’t care with these things. The standing above him he can get a bit hmmmmm about but usually scratching his poll and wars and he relaxes and doesn’t bother after a min or two.

So looks like all the desensitising work has paid off 😃. Show on Sunday then he can start walking out in the long lines and we can have A chill summer working inhand 😃 Feels right to see him standing there in Kia’s halter and saddle ❤️ He is in the last rug of Kia’s that I own, I think he will be in the few rugs of Eowyn’s that I have left by winter so I think it will be a new wardrobe next year 😅

19258308-B935-448A-ACB0-2EA55987D138.jpeg

So popped the saddle on the wee guy to see what he’d do with it. Didn’t give two flying craps. Not even when he was trotting and cantering round the school with the stirrups flapping and bouncing about. I only had the light stirrups I’d used with Kia for years still in e saddle, I’m looking to get some acavello opera stirrups to help alleviate my hip twist issues which will be clunkier and heavier I’d imagine so we can see how he gets on with those at a later date 😃

Then we parked at the mounting block and I leaned over with 2/3 of my weight and again he didn’t give two figs. I’ve been jumping up and down beside him and reaching/leaning over with my feet in the ground to scratch his other side since he was six months so he really doesn’t care with these things. The standing above him he can get a bit hmmmmm about but usually scratching his poll and wars and he relaxes and doesn’t bother after a min or two.

So looks like all the desensitising work has paid off 😃. Show on Sunday then he can start walking out in the long lines and we can have A chill summer working inhand 😃 Feels right to see him standing there in Kia’s halter and saddle ❤️ He is in the last rug of Kia’s that I own, I think he will be in the few rugs of Eowyn’s that I have left by winter so I think it will be a new wardrobe next year 😅

View attachment 106814
He's an absolute star!

• Love
Reactions: MrC
newrider.com