good news!! (about steal to order gang)

jumpingmad

Nov 21, 2007
with the sheep =D
I didnt know where else to put this so here it is..

The two men were found in Brymbo (north wales) yesterday, taking photos of a heavyweight cob. The owner&OH went out and challenged them and they claimed to be taking photos for a calander, they then asked the age of the horse and the owners OH got angry and, well..lets just say they deffinatly got what was coming to them!!

I dont think they'll be coming back here for a while!! XD doesnt mean they wont go to other places though, so still be careful =]

a+e

Jul 3, 2007
suffolk
Theres a sign up at my local tack shop saying they have been seen 15 minutes away from where i live (suffolk)taking photos in peoples fields...quite worrying.
I dont get how they are being reported all over the country?

S

S_F_S

They appear to have been in Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire last night too- I 've had two messages to that point this morning.

I can't help but wonder if the OP's report could be people being perfect innocent and genuine and they got duffed up anyway - I appreciate we have to be cautious but I am reading everything I see twice!

poo-picker

Mar 18, 2008
just a thought but if this is an organised gang maybe they have matching vehicles with matching fake plates???:eek: thats why they seem to be everywhere at once.

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
There is probably one van, two blokes and internet hysteria has set the world ablaze!

Large pinch of salt methinks!

jumpingmad

Nov 21, 2007
with the sheep =D
okay guys, you can panic now! i've just found this on another forum;

I received this text today
Nine coloured cobs stolen from Cannock yesterday!!
Five the day before in Lichfield!
Red Landcruiser
White and Blue Van both Volkswagon vehicles used.
Please pass on as soon as possible for all our horses sakes!

Tre

May 23, 2008
ive recieved the same text also another one about a silver transit van reg V848 XNR was caught casing a yard in lambly last night aswell the police have confirmed they are false plates

A

AengusOg

There is probably one van, two blokes and internet hysteria has set the world ablaze!

Large pinch of salt methinks!

That's easy for you to say, Wally, sitting on your barren little scatter of islands in the North Sea.

Some of us with coloured horses and cobs have real worries just now.

It does indeed look as if there are organised thieves operating throughout parts of England, and possibly parts of Scotland, in the run up to Appleby Fair.

Horses can be stolen at any time and, within a couple of hours, taken beyond the reach of any possible chance of recovery.

The police, given their record on their other commitments, are next to useless; the passport fiasco is just that, and those unfortunate enough to lose their animals have very little hope of ever seeing them again.

Buyers come from all over to the summer horse fairs and some of them are very adept at shifting horses around Europe without being challenged.

I would rather people were jumpy about possible thieves, as apathy plays right into the hands of the unscrupulous.

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
It does indeed look as if there are organised thieves operating throughout parts of England, and possibly parts of Scotland, in the run up to Appleby Fair.

Horses can be stolen at any time and, within a couple of hours, taken beyond the reach of any possible chance of recovery.

The police, given their record on their other commitments, are next to useless

now, that's a little unfair. I think the police are taking this seriously. But heresay and the rumour mill are blowing all stories beyond all reasonable proportions! yes, horses get stolen at any time. But the posting on forums (not just NR) recently amounts to scaremongering. Check with your local police, see if there have been any reports of horse thefts or suspicious vehilces around livery yards/fields.

Lonestar

Bluey Manai
Aug 30, 2006
Just had a text from a friend saying 3 European men, in red landcruiser and a white van was seen taking pictures of my friends coloured cob, chesnut and white cob and her shetland pony (only 2 minute drive from me)!