Good ways to take your phone with you while riding?

ktgotstyle

Mar 24, 2019
I'm finding it really hard to take my phone with me while riding as I can't put it in the back pocket of my jods since I'd sit on it. Can't put it in the front pocket because it's too big and will fall out or bend. That's if my jods even have pockets! I've used one of those sport arm bands but that just becomes annoying trying to take it in and out while in the saddle. What does everyone else do and if there are any good jods/breaches/leggings that have a better place for the phone. Thanks in advance! Btw I know I could get a jacket with pockets for winter bimut it's summer right now haha

Reactions: Jackielala
I use a bum bag in the summer, and this thing in the winter - you can wear it across like satchel or round your waist.15534248670778766374884955155219.jpg

Reactions: ktgotstyle
In winter as others have said it's in my pocket, summer it gets shoved down the front of my jods or my bra depending what top I'm wearing, I do have a bum bag actually which I might dig out.
It does make me chuckle a bit re phone size, last phone I got my husband asks ' what would you like? Samsung, apple, something else?' My answer, whatever us small enough to carry easily out hacking. That is the only criteria a phone has to have once I've established it will make calls and send texts.

That is a pretty big phone isn't it. I have a phone pocket (on the side of my leg) in some of my riding tights/breeches but I doubt it would be big enough to fit your phone in. When I went shopping for my phone (Galaxy S9) I told the assistant that I rode horses and straight away he knew that I didn't want the 'plus size' version of any of the models we were looking at, which I was massively impressed with!

I use a bum bag a lot in summer, when I don't have a coat with pockets, because it's handy for carrying a few extras like keys, money, tissues, sunglasses, folding hoof pick etc as well as a phone. I like the idea of the runners belts though for something a bit more streamlined.

I have a hi viz waistcoat, very lightweight, and have stitched a pocket onto it so my phone fits in it. I have a summer waistcoat too, not high viz but cotton, full of pockets!

Reactions: Huggy
When I did BHS Ride Safe, I was given a hi-vis with really good big pockets. You might be able to find something similar online.

I have a HY fluorescent vest. It’s mesh so light enough for warmer weather and has a perfect phone pocket with Velcro so it’s safe.
Phones are getting so big though now! I have an iPhone 7 and really preferred my little older 5!!

newrider.com