Goodbye Darling Una

Murasaki

Oct 3, 2006
Norfolk
Our brave darling girl was put to sleep this morning after a terrible 24 hours with colic - at 25years old it seemed too much to put her through the stress of surgery. I found her in the field, lying in the shelter and thought she had died there - at least I got to bring her in to her stable and comfort her for her last hours, as well as being with her while she died. The vet was so caring - I immediately felt she was out of pain as she slipped away. We had her for 10 years, she was my daughter's pony from when she was 7.......can't believe we will never see that little face peeking over the gate or have to make her field like Fort Knox to keep her in - she liked to go and get in with the boys :) She was the only pony I have seen crawl commando style under an electric fence.........lost my beloved Flossie this year too - too much in one year. Thank heavens I have Lucy mare waiting at the yard for her feed - got to stop crying now and get on with it.......

Rest in peace little lady and rest ashore that she is young and happy once more but will always remember the pet humans she kept on thier toes for years. x hugs

RIP una, so sorry for your losses this year but remember they are at peace now, what a lovely picture to hold onto, Una going commando style under the electric fence xxxx

oh yes unfortunately we understand all too well and there is little to say except hit physically hurts doesnt it :( Run free little one (((()))) xxx

newrider.com