Goodbye Gem

In a way she was family. Non animal lovers can't always understand that. You need time to grieve just as you would any member of your family. And while it's awful having to make that decision it's also sometimes the kindest. She's lucky to have had a home with you. You've had a great relationship with her and the strength to release her from suffering when it came to it. You couldn't have given her more. Big hugs.

Reactions: tikkitti
I am really sorry too. The pony on whom my OH and grand daughter did much of their learning to ride was also put down last week. Animals do give us much affection and long companionship - They are never replaceable. And it is a pain that most of us humans outlive them.

In a way she was family. Non animal lovers can't always understand that. You need time to grieve just as you would any member of your family. And while it's awful having to make that decision it's also sometimes the kindest. She's lucky to have had a home with you. You've had a great relationship with her and the strength to release her from suffering when it came to it. You couldn't have given her more. Big hugs.
Thanks, she was family. She stood by me closer than my blood relatives, helped me to work my problems through, was a shoulder to cry on, my happy place. Like a comfy pair of old slippers getting back on her, I knew every button and how to press them, we'd hack out and she loved it. Totally bombproof, we used to go exploring round, find paths horses really were a bit big to go down but continue anyway.

She meant the world to me. It's a week today and she hasn't got any easier. I need to go up today to muck out. It's the first time I've been up since she's been gone. I don't think I *want* to go really, but I have to. I guess I can't hide out forever.

Very very sorry to learn of your loss. But you are right - you can't hide out forever. Take a deep breath, know she is still there in your heart, and take her with you on the next step of your horsey journey. XXX

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com