Gorgeous dresses looking for homes now

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
If anyone has a party coming up (or even a wedding) can I help with something to wear?

I have 3 dresses which I know I'm not going to wear again.

Dress 1 is from Phase Eight, size 12, cutaway shoulders, gathered midriff and full length wide skirt - very flattering - in mad Pucci colours on dark navy. Very swish and gorgeous, cruise wear really!

Dress 2 is a cocktail length, bias cut, cowl neck, sleeveless black silk beaded like the Milky Way. It's the most beautiful beading I have ever owned on a dress. It says it's size 12 but I think it's small for a 12. Just stunning.

Dress 3 is by Idol, a West End store now closed. This is vintage from about 1997. It's a size 10, ivory crushed silk velvet with gold and white beading. It's Empire line, fitted to under the bust, but very flattering. It has a huge shawl to match. I wore it for a ball (once!) but it would be a beautiful wedding dress too. It does need a dry clean having got dusty in storage but is in very good condition.

I will send these glorious garments free to anyone who can put them to good use. If no one on here wants them they're for the second hand designer shop, but I'd rather they went to friends.Dress1.jpgBeads.jpgBeadeddress.jpgidoldress.jpgidolembroidery.jpgidolshawl.jpg

Reactions: orbvalley
Oh they are so beautiful. How kind of you to offer them. I wouldn't be able to part with them if they were mine:) specially the gorgeous ivory cream one, it's just beautiful.

I'd love them and they would fit but I doubt I'd wear them! Just can;t think when I would have an opportunity to. My life is lived in jeans and jodhs.

Gorgeous dresses Jane - but our long dress party days are over. Was saying the other day the reason we didnt do that (as my parents did in old age) was that we used the money for riding.

When I wore these dresses I was a Richmond (London) girl, up in town out on the town at theatre openings, art gallery private views and parties at clubs - not nightclubs, proper London clubs like the Arts Club in Mayfair.

These days I just can't see when I would ever need them and I would love someone else to love them too. Also the waists would just about fit around my thigh now!

I hope someone will want them, if only for the office party.

They all have a story - the cream one @Trewsers was bought for the first party at which I was going to meet my ex husband, on purpose to knock his socks off. It did. But my favourite is the black one. God I loved that dress. It made me feel like a combination of Shirley Bassey and Greta Garbo. Someone else has to have that experience!

If you are sure you can part with them I'd love the black and ivory ones. And I would make a donation to a charity of your choice and post a pic of me wearing them!

Reactions: Trewsers
Fantastic, that would be perfect. And promise to pass them on to a worthy friend when you are done!

PM me your address and I will whizz them off to you :D

Reactions: Trewsers
If you are sure you can part with them I'd love the black and ivory ones. And I would make a donation to a charity of your choice and post a pic of me wearing them!

Damn you beat me too it! I love the cream especially.

Oh well you have the cream then and I'll have the black! I don;t want to be greedy!!

That's cool, Kite_Rider, PM me your address!

Someone should take the Pucci dress, it is the sort of thing a Bond girl would wear :D. But it's current so will be easy to sell

Oh well you have the cream then and I'll have the black! I don;t want to be greedy!!
No really, you have them, I think re reading the cream would be too small round my chest if it's a size ten, thats the only bit of me that isn't a size ten.

newrider.com