Got any good Irish tracing websites or forums you can recommend?

sancho

Apr 2, 2007
dangling on the fringes of insanity!
I'd like to trace some history on my daughters arabx who we brought over from Ireland in 2005.

Her passport was issued about 6 months before we bought her and I have never received a reply from the owner stated, who I believe may be another dealer so doesnt necessarily know any previous history anyway.

She hasnt any registered breeding details.

Any suggestions for good websites or forums as I may need to start with '14.3hh, bay mare, born in 1995, arab/arabx, bought in the Co Kilkenny area' ??!!:)

Hiya :)

There aren't many arabs in Ireland so she would have been bred at only a handful of studs - even if she is a cross. She should be microchipped too. Have you checked for one ?

Otherwise I'd take any info you have to the IHB. Do you know the name of the dealer/last owner ? You may have to get the names and take them to the IHB for details.

There are two registered arab stallions (I think there's only 2) standing in Kilkenny -

Carl Raswan (ARAB) Kildalton Agricultural College, Piltown, Co. Kilkenny
High Elms Melcharni (ARAB) Clement Stone, Aughamuckey, Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenney

Last edited:
depending on the colour of the pasport wether its a breed pasport or an agency pasport you may not be able 2 trace beeding but past owners should be registerd with both

newrider.com