Gracie's New Home (pics)

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Gracie is now installed in her new paddock. I was shown the empty ones so I chose the one with the least grass... and have spent all night worrying now that she won't have had enough to eat! What am I like???

20190907_153803-800x600.jpg

She has a lovely, light, airy stable in a small block of 4 and I get a huge set of storage shelves just for me, as well as 3 rug hangers.

20190907_153434-800x600.jpg

20190907_153425-600x800.jpg

The school is carpet fibre, 30 x 55 so a good size... I can't wait to try it out!

20190907_153357-800x600.jpg

The yard also produces its own hay and straw so they have 650 acres that us liveries can ride around. There is a lovely flat headland around each fieldwhich they now regularly to keep in good condition.

And of course, the great hacking.... and my friend is just next door.

Gracie was her usual chilled self and took it all in her stride.

That looks just fab in terms of facilities. Wow!

Her field is grazed very low so you may want to put some psyllium in her feed in case of sand colic.

As for hunger, well, there's always hay...

Reactions: domane
Overnight poop production wad low, even by my standards, so she was given some hay out there to supplement her. The ground is very dry and dusty but we have a day of substantial rain forecast tomorrow which should stimulate some grass growth.... I anticipate that the autumn flush is a-comin'....

Reactions: Jessey
Overnight poop production wad low, even by my standards, so she was given some hay out there to supplement her. The ground is very dry and dusty but we have a day of substantial rain forecast tomorrow which should stimulate some grass growth.... I anticipate that the autumn flush is a-comin'....
Its growing well here, autumn flush is upon us already, a bit the horses scalped had last week to rest and its already bright green and a few inches long :eek:

newrider.com