Grackle bridle

Well, for me at least, crumpets are thicker and lighter, pikelets are thinner and more stodgy, more like American pancakes. I read that the main difference is that they are made differently - crumpets are cooked in a ring and don't spread out (hence being thicker and looking more "finished") whereas pikelets are allowed to spread out (hence thinner and often crispy on the edges).

Pikelets are thinner aren't they?
The only crumpets are Warburtons. That's the only real ones - hehehee. I think they are quite a northern brand? I know stores do their own but Warbies are the best.
Agree, Warburton crumpets are the best.

No, no, no joosie, it's neither buns or baps but 'cobs' round here. :rolleyes:
Since I married a Geordie it's been buns, but growing up in Glasgow, with a mum who hated the accent, it was 'rolls'. Got sent to my room for saying 'no' instead of 'not' (as in "it's no' that cold today") lol.

Ok I’m a southerner I eat crumpets had them for breakfast this morning. OH is from Lancashire never heard of pikelets.

Grackle nose band to stop a horse crossing its jaw.

Cob is a horse, bap, roll or bun is what you use for sandwiches or burgers

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
A "breadcake"? That's a Yorkshire word right?
My dad just interjected that "baps" are also boobies :rolleyes:

A "breadcake"? That's a Yorkshire word right?
My dad just interjected that "baps" are also boobies :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if it's a Yorkshire thing. Some people round here call them teacakes too, but I would only use that term if I were referring to a currant teacake, ie a breadcake with currants in :p

And yes, I'm with your dad on that one - if someone said "baps" I'd think boobies first, before breadcakes!

And yes, while cobs are horses, cobs are also round bread blobs that you stick your burger between.

newrider.com