Grass warts on 12yr old horse

Hi chunky monkey
The best thing I've found for horse warts (and VERY small sarcoids) is actually NOT sold for horses. It is a do-it-yourself, over the counter treatment for human warts and verrucas which effectively freezes them. I've removed a couple of VERY small sarcoids and slightly bigger grass warts from more than a few horses this way and have just bought another pack to use on a suspected wart/?sarcoid - once I'm sure that the teensy lump on his ear IS one of those 'possibles' and not a reaction to a splinter in his ear (he pokes his nose into anything and everything and the rest of his head follows, lol.) I use bakuka - just don't tell the chemist it's for a horse, lol, or he is not allowed to sell it to you.. The only thing I'd add - for anyone looking for a cheap treatment for a teensy sarcoid or wart (about £13 for a pack which should do one complete course of treatment) is - only use it if you are very confident it's not the start of a melanoma. Determining between the three possibles if you haven't seen quite a few of all of them, ask the vet on his next routine visit to look (a quick look and opinion shouldn't add more than £15-20 quid to the visit charge. And at least you'll KNOW you're on the right track. I would NOT use it for even a very small melanoma.

newrider.com