grazing muzzles- greenguard experiences?

lizness

Jan 3, 2004
Visit site
Hello,
Am looking to get a grazing muzzle to put on my horse
What would everyone recommend? She usually vgets fly masks off so hopefully something strong.
She is a cob/horse size in bridle, how adjustable are these things?

Cheers,
Liz

They're very adjustable, but in the old model my cob was constantly managing to eat round it and giving herself rubs. Not tried the newer style though.

I tried one this week but it was the older style and he had it pushed to the side in 20 mins! I've just recieved my dinky muzzle through the post today so will be trying that this afternoon.

Think I'm winning the bid on ebay for one but am gutted to hear there is a cheap copy from Battle and Heywood-exactly the same for £15! Pants! If I do win it, I'm really hoping it works so I can have a lie in once in a while over the hols!

I found it hopeless, it kept going to the side and my pony was happily eating beside it. No matter how much i adjusted it, it just kept moving so I bought a Shires muzzle and haven't had any problems.

We have loads of ponies including mine wearing them 24/7 in the pasture. Never had a problem with them -- my experience is that a standard headcollar works better than the greenguard one!!

newrider.com