Great Horsey Weekend!

Claire1605

Apr 25, 2008
Essex
Just wanted to share my horsey weekend.

Had a lesson on my boy Victory. He is now in at night and as weather is colder is making him stiff.

When he comes out stiff I struggle to bend him to the left. However, RI got me doing some exercises and he ended up going lovely.

Rode him again yesterday on my own and low and behold I managed to get him bending lovely around my inside leg on the left rein, 10m circles into shoulder in. What a good boy. When my horse comes out stiff like that and wont bend around my inside leg I tend to think I can't correct it as I am just not good enough. Party because I struggle with my left leg because of hip problem and sciatica, and partly because Victory can be a bit stubborn sometimes if he thinks he can't do it either!!

RI said that when you look at how far I have come with my horse over the past 3 years, it shows that I can do it. "You are riding at a very advanced level" she said. Well, that made me smile all weekend. I can do it I need need confidence and faith in myself.

To top it all I free lunged Amee my little 12.2hh welshy. For those of you that have read my posts regarding her going ferrel on us and it took two people to lunge her (my RI and her friend) one holding lunge line, one with whip ready to take action for when she turned in and charged! because she was so dangerous. I had her on a 20m circle around me in the school on Saturday without lunge line and she was a complete angel. Didn't need the whip either just held it vertical. Walk trot canter the works, and she only tried to turn in once, but that was when I asked for stand.

Afterwards she followed me around the school copying my exact moves, walk stop walk stop change direction bless her... we had joinup.

Anyway just wanted to share.

Coffee and cake for those who got this far :biggrin:

Last edited:
Oooh, t hanks for the coffee and cake!lol. Glad you had a lovely horsey weekend, sounds like things are going really well for you. Long may it continue! Bet it will keep you smiling all week long - its great when you feel like you've progressed.

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend!! Well done!

Will have to get round to asking you who your RI is at some point, as may treat myself to some more lessons next year if I can find someone suitable. You always speak very highly of your RI.

newrider.com