Great lesson today

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
A totally beautiful day! And a brag thread!

I was late for my lesson so Zigs and I had to trot most of the way there.

*sings* We Can Trot, We Can Trot, And He Doesn't Tank Off With Me! :dance:

Up at school with my lovely RI we worked on getting good impulsion in the walk, getting him really responsive to my aids, and walk-trot transitions. They were going fine so Sarah said, "I'd like to see a canter now."

Eek! The last time we cantered in the school he practically bounced me out of the saddle. But Sarah showed me how to keep a really secure seat, right down on the saddle, and -

A lovely trot canter transition and a nice canter on BOTH REINS!

Then I was in a hurry going home (I'm writing this at the airport on my way up to Scotland on business) so I thought I would risk a couple of trots on the homeward path as well - very brave! One was fine, the second one he said, "No, I want to canter all the way home," and I sat tight and said, "No, trot please," AND HE DID!

Little victories...

Every day in every way we're getting better and better :skip::bounce:

Congratulations, so well done! :smile:

And am SO very jealous of your lovely trot - canter transitions and the canter itself!!! :wink: Major challenge for me, as I am such a wuss!

Well done to Ziggy and you, I can't wait to get some lessons on my own horse, really worth while I think.

PS Nice weather up here - you're coming just in time for it!!:cold:

well done you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its the most amazing feeling when it all goes well and you start to overcome big goals

newrider.com