Great lesson!

squidsin

Feb 16, 2013
I have a brilliant new RI (called Nicole Biggs, in case anyone is interested!) and had a fantastic lesson on Roxy today. For the first time since I've got her, I actually got her going round in a nice contact, soft and round, and kept it in walk, trot and canter! We had our usual battle of wills at the start of the session (she wants to go round with her head in the air like a camel, I want her to work long and low) but after about 15 mins, she just seemed to give in and we went round beautifully after that, with none of our usual falling in and cutting corners. OK, some mega bucks in canter but other than that, perfect! I am so happy! I guess this means I am asking her right too!

The wind slightly died down and the hail stopped! So it was fine. The mares were all galloping round like crazy things when I went to bring Roxy in - they were bucking, rearing, kicking, even the fat old Shetland who is a barrel on legs! I think it was because there was a bonfire in the next field but who knows really. Took me 20 minutes to catch her and I thought she'd be a nightmare to ride after that, but she was lovely, I think she'd warmed herself up!

Reactions: Trewsers
Sometimes I have nearly given up and not bothered when Storm has been excited and bombing about her field, but surprisingly she has usually been okay to ride. You're right - warming up me thinks!

So nice when it all comes together isn't it, Glad you had a nice lesson despite the weather and the shinanagins beforehand!

Reactions: squidsin
newrider.com