Great week

P

pinkheather

Although the week is not over and i have taken it off for a break i have had a great time. I have two long and fantastic hacks on Honey getting lots of cantering and galloping in. The other two days were spent in the hills with Mrs PH as we both enjoy hill walking we were up Schehallian and Ben Chonzie on the other two days which are two hills of 3000 feet if this is what retirement is going to be like bring it on.

Sounds fab. I personally can't wait to retire, though I have a day or two left to go, but most retired people I know (especially my lovely couple on my previous yard) were so busy it was unbelievable.

I retire in March made a mistake there as I will still have to work another winter.

My dad is a keen walker and he is semi-retired (still runs his own much scaled down business a few hours a day). He joined the ramblers and is now a walking leader. He takes out 2 or 3 walks per week and has met so many friends through the group. He also took up golf (which he does very badly but enjoys it).

My mum is an artist and since she retired she has done a BSc and MSc in fine art. She now works one day a week in a gallery and has just started lecturing on an adult education course on art. She joined the gym and goes swimming and to exercise classes most days as well.

I was worried that my parents would just sit around the house in retirement, but they have fully embraced it and I don't think that they have ever been happier.

newrider.com